Thread: Merry Christmas!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Merry Christmas!

You know... back in the day, when the community was more active, you’d find a post in here with the fam acknowledging each other and, the holidays. I miss the activity on this forum. 🙁 My Christmas wish would be a return to glory of this amazing resource and community. Peace ya’ll.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Yes!

Too much Friendface, and not enough Photonlexicon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seasons-2016-card.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	553.9 KB 
ID:	56210

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    You know... back in the day, when the community was more active, you’d find a post in here with the fam acknowledging each other and, the holidays. I miss the activity on this forum. 🙁 My Christmas wish would be a return to glory of this amazing resource and community. Peace ya’ll.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Another Christmas come and gone and soon another year- it all came too fast. Best wishes for the new year!

Yes, it’s amazing how fast time flies. I miss having more activity here as well. FB is fine for passing thoughts, but in-depth, interactive conversations are better placed here. The laserium technical conversation is an excellent example of something that should be preserved in a forum such as this.

I hope many of you enjoyed yesterday with friends and family. As for the Kumpula’s, we had a small dinner with a few friends followed by laser shows. Non-laserists make for good audiences as they don’t point out if you have a trail in that one scene or other such technical critiques. Most of the ‘helpful advice’ this year came from ‘little dk’ who informed me that my choice of music was creepy and not much fun since she can’t dance during the shows. Oh well, can’t please all the audience all the time!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I resisted joining facebook for a number of reasons, but in the end it became the only way to stay connected with some people. I still don't care for it though, and only log in a few times a month.

While the traffic here on PL has always gone up and down, I agree that recently it seems to be *way* down, and that's really sad. I hope things will pick up next year!

Adam

When anyone with a grand can start doing laser shows the quality and unique features start to make it less attractive. It’s like movies. How often do you go when you have 110” screen in the comfort of your own favorite chair and you can pause it to make more popcorn. It is the yin and yang struggle of art. Make it more accessible and more people enjoy it but enjoy it less. There seems to be a finite pool of ahhhh and it can be spread thin or kept thick.

i am hoping beambrushing will bring some of it back. I’d also like to see showcase work that defies belief. Anyone can buy a guitar and so very few build them but very few play it amazingly. I think we are in the or through the let’s build our own phase. Now the artists need to paint and share the masterpieces.