Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a bit of help with building a projector

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I agree with Alec: beam shows look *great* when viewed from below. Although off to one side isn't bad either.

As a general rule you want to be looking towards the projector for a beam show, and towards the projection surface (and thus away from the projector) for a graphics show. But yeah, being inside the scan field is risky...

Adam

I agree from below is wonderful. I wonder if it would be safe to bam your head and define a space of safety for the camera and yourself. I like my eyes so it’s a theoretical question for me. I would not try it with my head but would a camera.

Here is the deal. camera can be replaced in the case of a catastrophic equipment failure.

A catastrophic equipment failure is the following
    • Galvos stop somewhere, maybe center, maybe not.
    • Laser is stuck on (static beam)

In this case you have a class 3 laser point at one spot in space. If that spot is the camera CCD then its probably toast. If that spot is your eye, well that's a horse of a different color.

Setting up a blind spot for the camera is normally totally safe. Keep the lens cap on while setting up the software, once you software is setup you can remove the cap and activate the camera. Try not to place the camera at the EXACT center (where the galvos default to) since this area is generally regarded as the least safe for a few technical reasons. A few inches one way or the other is good though.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group