Thread: VD-II laser driver question, trim pots..

Default VD-II laser driver question, trim pots..

Hello
    I dug out my 1 watt DPSS laser and was wondering if any one knows which trim pot controls the pump diode current and I misplaced the info on who made this laser and the output is around 800mw and there is no feed back path for laser power. I would love to know if anyone has data on this driver, marked VD-II DPSS Laser Driver

Thanks
    Draco

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09522.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	56313
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09523.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	56314
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Default Viasho

I think this is made by Viasho

my am thinking now to just use a shunt to monitor current and a few temp points in the laser and start experimenting with small adjustments till I can find what's what, I only want to bump it up a little and learn more on how this works.

then stick wheels on it and unleash it to the world with my toad army! once they are out of hibernation, MUUHAAAAAA, or just stick some lumia on it or galvos and use it to etch marks in wood for my hack job, want to make logo's and this has better beam quality even though it sounds like a small turbine engine, it has a twin counter rotating cooling fan
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu