Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on EMMA Light's higher power offerings?

Default Opinions on EMMA Light's higher power offerings?

Has anyone bought or tried any of EMMA Light's higher power lasers, such as the "5W" EM-RGB270 or the "10W" EM-RGB2100M? The prices seem very low for the specs they're claiming. I'd likely be using them for beam shows so I'm not super fussed on how good the galvos are, so I'm mostly wondering if the laser modules are going to be up to spec in terms of power.

For comparison I'm currently running a Kvant Clubmax 2000 and a 520laser Club2000, both with supposed 2W output, and the 5W model is cheaper than either of those were.
    Last edited by gsuberland; 01-31-2020 at 20:02.
    Lasers & stage lighting @ EMF Camp & NOVA Demoparty // electronics nerd // UK based.

Quote Originally Posted by gsuberland View Post
    Has anyone bought or tried any of EMMA Light's higher power lasers, such as the "5W" EM-RGB270 or the "10W" EM-RGB2100M? The prices seem very low for the specs they're claiming. I'd likely be using them for beam shows so I'm not super fussed on how good the galvos are, so I'm mostly wondering if the laser modules are going to be up to spec in terms of power.

For comparison I'm currently running a Kvant Clubmax 2000 and a 520laser Club2000, both with supposed 2W output, and the 5W model is cheaper than either of those were.

If trying an import i's stick with goldenstar or lightspace. But niether at the cheapest price are US certified however for not much more you can get them us legal, also look at CT lasrers offering
    leading in trailing technology

I'm in the UK and don't do any professional laser work, so certification is not important to me.

I've looked at both Lightspace and Goldenstar before. Assuming the optical power specs are even close to reality, neither of them are even close to competitive with the EMMA offering when it comes to beam shows - f.e. the Goldenstar LM-RGB10W is £3200, whereas the EM-RGB2100M is around £1650, both with the same listed power and galvos that I suspect would both happily do beam shows at 30Kpps with no trouble. All I'm really interested in, in this case, is raw optical power. That's why I wondered whether anyone has checked the EMMA gear out and seen how powerful they actually are in comparison to their listed specs.
    Lasers & stage lighting @ EMF Camp & NOVA Demoparty // electronics nerd // UK based.

Ive worked on an emma and I was not impressed with the hardware and optics. I vote goldenstar for common place lasers at a good price.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Opt Laser are tried and tested by a number of people in the UK including me, and you'll find the prices competitive with EMMA
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Opt Laser are tried and tested by a number of people in the UK including me, and you'll find the prices competitive with EMMA
    Thanks. They're definitely very competitive on price. How accurate are the optical power ratings?

They make at least as much as they say they do. TBH I don't know of any of the bigger Chinese manufacturers that lie about power anymore, its not in their interest, and when you're talking about 10's of watts of power, worrying about a few hundred milliwatts here or there is pointless imho.
    My 10W Opt look pretty much identical next to my 10W GS.
    I think my page is in my signature, if you look there, I recently posted a video from Manchester Pride where I used a pair of each, so you can see them next to each other.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Many of the "Chinese manufacturers" are Opt actually. I got a 1 watt RGB module from Techhood on Ebay (Also called Suplaser) and it came with an Opt RGB driver board.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

well the opt cant compare to the fiber corrected GS

To John's point above, the higher-end Goldenstar units do appear to have tighter beam specs than the Optlaser modules. Did not know they were using fiber to correct the beam though. (Actually curious as to how they're doing that, if anyone has some insight...) Since I use the Optlaser units for beam shows, the slightly larger beam diameter has never been an issue.

Regardless, either Goldenstar or Optlaser will outperform EMMA. But if cost is the primary driving factor and you are certain that the EMMA projector has at least 30K scanners (as in actually capable of 30K, not just claimed), then maybe the EMMA unit is the right choice for the OP.

Adam