Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drone Guys, KISS YOUR RIGHTS GOOD BYE

Wow! I *am* out of the loop!

Damn. This is really a terrible idea. Can't believe I missed it; I absolutely would have commented! The registration idea was bad enough, but in the end I agreed to it. This always-networked, 6-month logged, "big brother is watching" proposal is draconian lunacy. Sure hope cooler heads prevail!

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Wow! I *am* out of the loop!

Damn. This is really a terrible idea. Can't believe I missed it; I absolutely would have commented! The registration idea was bad enough, but in the end I agreed to it. This always-networked, 6-month logged, "big brother is watching" proposal is draconian lunacy. Sure hope cooler heads prevail!

Adam
    Probably not, short of an act of congress. :-( Big money behind this, and lots of lobbyists.

I love fixed wing RC, use RC parts and arts at work to help teach, wrote 7400 words of comment, recruited folks on two forums to comment, and am aware of some REALLY angry student comments from work. So even though I'm not a big fan of the future, I got you covered.
    ~
    NYPD, FDNY , Airline Pilots, Police Aviators, teachers, an Astronaut or two, and a bunch of other significant folks spoke up. Still every voice counts. Night Flying, and Operations over People NPRMs are coming up for comment, you can get a word in there.

~
    FAA just angered the one constituency they have never dealt with before on Technical Matters, Timmy, John, and Jane's Mom. "What Do you mean my Kid cant Fly!." Hell hath no fury like a Mom (and a few Dads) who just got told her kid's hobby died. Getting told 200-900$ worth of the kid's hardware is soon obsolete hit the Mom's hard. ~
    ~
    The comments from the retired veterans will hit some nerves too, as they fly RC for therapy. Some of those, along the lines of "I served my 20 Years, Got a Purple Heart, am dying at the VA of Cancer , and now you tell me I can't fly???" are heart wrenching.
    ~
    Like 51,000 against to 1000 comments for...
    ~
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 03-16-2020 at 13:33.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...