Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Positive Thinking

James, you've definitely got some good mixed-meter examples! That last one was really hard to follow.

Ryan, I don't know why you're doing all that work on a Geo Tracker. Seems like a ton of effort for not much payoff.?. As for the HOA issue, I'm surprised it was handled calmly via text. That's not the norm!

Regarding the jeep locked in 4lo, I had my entire transfer case rebuilt for less than $800 including all labor. I'm sure that's where your problem lies. If you ever want to be able to exceed 25 mph in that thing, it's not going to be terribly expensive (especially if you pull it and re-install it yourself).

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    James, you've definitely got some good mixed-meter examples! That last one was really hard to follow.

Adam
    When I was really into "writing" music I didn't really write anything. I just made it up mostly on guitar and memorized it well enough to get it onto tape. Then I made up the other parts.

Where's My Grizzly Bear was composed on a 12 string for the extra twang. It starts out in 5/4 and the rest is mostly 4/4 but it could be counted in different ways. In the 4/4 parts there are a lot of triplets.

It's fun to play. That's for sure.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I've been watching some YouTube videos of guys fixing junk. One channel I have been watching is this guy call Mustie1 or something like that.
    Well, from that I searched Craiglist and went out and bought a really piece of crap 1980ish riding $75 lawnmower on Sunday. I am sure I paid about twice as much as I should have. Nothing works so it will be an interesting and probably too expensive journey to fix it up. I actually have one just like it that I restored a few years back that I use to mow my grass. I don't know what I am going to do with two of them. I need to hide my money so I don't buy anything else.

Adam, The TC shifts (I have to climb under the jeep to do it) but I just leave it in 4lo all the time. Every time I put it in AWD (this jeep only has AWD and 4lo), I end up switching back to 4lo later since everywhere I drive is either sand or mud, never any roads or pavement. I think it is a 4 speed transmission, but the entire time I've had it I've never gotten past 3rd gear. The fastest I've probably ever driven it is about 20mph

As for the geo tracker, it was my first car, I worked in my grandpas office for two summers to pay it off before he passed. Hasn't run in 5 years and suddenly I was feeling pretty guilty because he would be so disappointed if he saw how it sits today. With all this newfound time I have since I got laid off from Monster Jam, I figured I could fix it up instead of letting it rust away in the side yard

John, I've got one of those. The silver Craftsman that every dad had in the early 90s... deck rusted out so I just use it to pull my sweeper or small trailer.

Going to pick up another one today though. All i know is "Murray rider, runs, needs blades sharpened, $150 OBO" Another project. Going to fix it up and leave it out at my camp in the woods to do the grass out there.

Always more projects
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Here is what my mower looks like. Not sure of the year. I think they produced this same mower for many years. I think my first one is from the 70s but the one I just might be a little newer.
    https://www.collectorsweekly.com/sto...0--36-riding-m

Mine's definitely a bit newer than that! It was a "buy the motorcycle, get the mower free" deal lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-08-27 16.31.13.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	56548
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Big progress!

Name:	Snapchat-1933667871.jpg 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	56603
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Big progress!

Name:	Snapchat-1933667871.jpg 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	56603
    That's cool. I got rear ended in my Jeep a few weeks back. I had to cut our the rear frame cross piece and weld in a new one, replace the gas tank skid, the gas tank, the rear bumper, some lights, fix seat, fix steering wheel, fix front where I got pushed into another car. What a pain in the butt... or should I say lower back and neck. Still seeing a chriropractor for the whiplash.

Name:	2020-07-11 16.53.07.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	4.12 MB 
ID:	56869

Couple more things and the big yee yee truck should be up and running again!

***How many recalled Harbor Freight Jack Stands can you spot??
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post

Name:	2020-07-11 16.53.07.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	4.12 MB 
ID:	56869

Couple more things and the big yee yee truck should be up and running again!

***How many recalled Harbor Freight Jack Stands can you spot??
    I got an email from HF that the jackstands that replaced the ones that were recalled had to also be recalled due to bad welds. haha.