Thread: ILDA Offline Contest

Default ILDA Offline Contest

Didn't see any threads around on this contest so I figured I'd throw one in here. Here's a brief summary:

In response to the outbreak of COVID 19, ILDA has created a new temporary contest to give people something to work on. The contest consists of three 9-day periods where laserists can submit shows under atmospherics, abstracts, and graphics. Specific songs are given for each category. Anyone, member or not can enter, though non-ILDA members must pay a $5 entry per show. Each show can only feature a single projector, and must be a live action video with no other effects. After the 9 days is up, voting is open to the public through vimeo. The winner in each category will receive an ILDA Offline trophy. All entries are anonymous and can't be posted elsewhere until the competition is over. The winners from each category will be put into a final best in show contest and the winner will receive an ILDA award.

Entries for the first period closed yesterday and voting will start tomorrow. Entries for the second period open April 10th. To road more, enter, or vote, check out the ILDA offline page HERE.

My heart goes out to everyone working the lighting and entertainment industry during these hard times. I hope all of you remains safe and healthy. And don't forget the lasers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2361 (1).JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	350.9 KB 
ID:	56502
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IldA.jpg  

There were a lot of really good entries for this first round! I had a very hard time picking just 1 winner. I was only able to rule out a few of them at first, and then it became really difficult to rank the rest. I think I spent an hour and a half trying to decide!

Genuinely curious to find out who submitted shows for this contest. I've got a feeling that several people from PL participated, but I wonder how many commercial outfits submitted shows as well.?.

Adam

Just tooo busy right now. Looked like fun.