Thread: Sick individuals - Not alone Lasershow

Default Sick individuals - Not alone Lasershow

Hey Guys,

I think it's really time I start being active here again.
    I hope everyone is safe during these crazy times.

Last year my entire year consisted of traveling and doing shows (with barely managing some time off with family on christmas).
    Suddenly to see it all be gone is still a tough pill to swallow and the sudden change really tough.

Recently have been having nightmares because a lack of show design as it really is my love and passion.
    So I'm starting to make a lot of shows now where as I will bring out one beam show every week at minimum. (graphics shows will take longer and I will use time in between each creation to prepare that).

I'm eager to share the works (and will start recording them mid next week)

Made this one in half a day:

Is that a showtime import or did you setup the workflow with the effects like that? Looks like the old ld2000 workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Is that a showtime import or did you setup the workflow with the effects like that? Looks like the old ld2000 workflow.
    No where close to the LD2000/showtime workflow.
    It's not a showtime import, I stopped using showtime years ago as it has no future anymore really.

There are lots of beat timelines in this show hence some of it seems like its thin on cues (internal timelines).
    if you check effects tab you notice all effects and cues are named (as every show I make is made from a blank slate.

Programming has changed since showtime but its unavoidable there are similarities in timeline programs. The layout I do intentionally because it makes remapping easier to scale it up to more projectors.

Show recorded here:

Sorry if the tone if my previous post came over as negative by the way!
    Making a show really did me well and recording it was really uplifting.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Wow, really nice to watch!

Red face NICE !!!

Oooo.. Beam Shows
    That's Great, bud

Dancing with light. I really enjoyed that. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    No where close to the LD2000/showtime workflow.
    Actually, looking at your timeline in Beyond there are marked similarities to the original Showtime timeline layout - particularly the consistent stack of 3 effect tracks below each cue. That's classic Showtime right there. Surely you remember this?

Don't get me wrong: I know that in Beyond there are at least 4 different ways to accomplish a given effect. The purpose is not to pass judgement on one artist's preference for a given timeline layout vs another.

But to Marc's point, at first glance it's easy to see why someone might conclude that timeline could have been imported from Showtime.

Also, I'm not sure why you took offense at Marc's question... Even if you had imported it from Showtime, that doesn't take anything away from the beauty of the show. (In fact, it might make it all the more impressive, as most people feel that Beyond is much easier to work with than Showtime ever was.)

Adam

Thats fair. I took it as "the programming looks primitive" regard but no offense taken!
    Some have 4 some have 3.. reason being is that it gives you control over the interpolation of fading and allows you to fade in effects that are normally not to be faded.. primairly color effect stuff.
    there are some elements in there that resemble showtime for sure but many aspects would just not be possible in showtime.