Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Stream Collaboration - Salty Robot Productions and Showlasers

Default Live Stream Collaboration - Salty Robot Productions and Showlasers

Rick Hellman from Showlasers and myself will be doing a Live Stream this Thursday. We will be streaming on YouTube through Salty Robot Productions channel. We will also be streaming on Facebook Live.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collab laser show 4_30_20 #2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	56547
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Here is the link to the Live Stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue2p...ature=youtu.be

Was it not recorded so it could be watched later? I missed the live stream and hoped I could watch it later, but when I click the link it says the video is unavailable...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Was it not recorded so it could be watched later? I missed the live stream and hoped I could watch it later, but when I click the link it says the video is unavailable...

Adam
    It was recorded in two ways. First was locally on my PC so I could preserve the performance. Second was through YouTube. The issue we have is that YouTube hardcore blocked the recording and gave me a warning. I have posted a bunch of copyright stuff on YouTube and it has never been blocked the way they blocked this show. I have been hesitant to upload the version stored locally on my PC because I don't want my channel taken down which YouTube has every right to do if I continue to violate their copyright rules. I would like to upload this performance again but I am really not sure where is best to upload.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    It was recorded in two ways. First was locally on my PC so I could preserve the performance. Second was through YouTube. The issue we have is that YouTube hardcore blocked the recording and gave me a warning. I have posted a bunch of copyright stuff on YouTube and it has never been blocked the way they blocked this show. I have been hesitant to upload the version stored locally on my PC because I don't want my channel taken down which YouTube has every right to do if I continue to violate their copyright rules. I would like to upload this performance again but I am really not sure where is best to upload.

Try Vimeo. I think their policies are a bit more lax than YT.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Try Vimeo. I think their policies are a bit more lax than YT.
    Do you have to pay to upload content on Vimeo?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Do you have to pay to upload content on Vimeo?
    I think there's a free plan to start.

I was chatting with someone about the issue of posting video on Youtube that includes copyrighted music. His suggestion was to post the details of the album that you'll be using for the performance, and then doing a count-down on the audio track prior to hitting play and starting the performance. Then you post the video to Youtube with the music track removed, although you might want to keep the voices of the laserists (assuming they are wearing a microphone).

The people at home need only cue up the audio track that you specify and then they can hit play at the appropriate time while they're watching the video...

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

THE big problem here is many music licensing agencies and producers consider Laser Shows to need the much more expensive "Synchronization" license negotiated for Motion Picture and TV Production. The fee is massive, compared to what they would charge for a radio/streaming airplay. So YouTube is going to strike quickly to prevent that potential lawsuit.

Makes me wonder how well SMPTE timecode would work with Youtube's compression thru CODECs. Since I have a Brand Spanking New IN The Box "Aquila" SMPTE decoder that I have not used yet. You would just download say an hour of timecode audio and put it into one audio channel of your video. Then a certain software that we all know and love could decode that and sync a CD or MP3 of the track you used. Said providers of that certain software/hardware sells the SMPTE decoder/encoder for not much more then the cost of an FB3, too... 3,2,1, Click works too, but some times you just want perfection!

Wu Ha, Ha, Ha, ha.... I wonder if it would work... (Inserts Evil Laugh)

Don't laugh about Ancient SMPTE in the days of Internet Time Servers, because in some places your just not going to get that perfect sync if it has to go through WIFI.

Once upon a time I worked on a gloriously huge outdoor Gig that used a temporary leased telephone line and SMPTE time code to perfectly sync three laser sites over a massive area. Took the phone company tech a few hours to find un-used wire pairs in the trunk cables running along the river and along the streets and tie them together. He then ran a temporary drop to each site with a 600 Ohm audio isolation transformer and a XLR at each receive site. Worked great, and for all practical purposes at 12 nanoseconds a foot, there is no visible Latency, even though it needed several miles of cable.

There was another leased line connecting something like two dozen speaker sites with massive stacks at each site and a delay box at each location. The audio guys played with the delays a few nights pre-gig and time aligned the entire park along the river for miles. Before you say lousy audio, keep in mind a phone company usually can provide a broadcast grade connection for tens of miles, for a few Dollars more, if they want to..

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-16-2020 at 07:16.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I uploaded our collaboration on Vimeo check it out.