Thread: Laser Projector, Controller, Software, etc.

Default Laser Projector, Controller, Software, etc.

Decided to sell my setup. Have had it for about 4 years when I used to be a reseller for CNI, LambdaPro & Able laser.

Very low usage, about 50 hours total - only indoor use.

- Able Laser AB-I Animation System - 30Kpps Graphics, Animations, Text, etc. (might even be 40kpps?)
    - Internal Laser Upgraded to 500mW (minimum) DPSS 532nm (Green) - measured output of 750-800mW at the factory

- Moncha Pro Controller: https://www.showtacle.com/index.php/moncha-software
    - Moncha 5 Software

Couple of videos taken recently below (pardon the vertical filming format!). This was in a room with *no* smoke machine or particulate matter in the air and the beams still looked great! With any small amount of smoke, the beams are insane!

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_N_QR-FOJU
    Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hoBITPxwoA

Very low hours on the system, maintenance free, sealed-unit with cooling fans. Retail on this setup when I bought it was over $3k.

Prefer a local buyer in the Greater Toronto Area, but willing to ship as well.

Been out of lasers for a number of years, so no idea on pricing...make an offer if interested
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1010.jpg  

IMG_1011.jpg  

moncha.jpg  

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If you potentially look at splitting it up, I'd really like the Moncha DAC! I have two and can't find either one. I use it mainly as a DAC for LSX so I can't watch all the Chris Short abstract shows I own without it. Plus I have a lot of Moncha native content. Somehow in my move last year, one definitely got misplaced and may have been left ar a venue I did a show at. I need another projector like a hole in the head though.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    If you potentially look at splitting it up, I'd really like the Moncha DAC! I have two and can't find either one. I use it mainly as a DAC for LSX so I can't watch all the Chris Short abstract shows I own without it. Plus I have a lot of Moncha native content. Somehow in my move last year, one definitely got misplaced and may have been left ar a venue I did a show at. I need another projector like a hole in the head though.
    I think it might be more difficult to sell just the projector on it's own as it won't be a complete system, but send me a DM and I'll consider it

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by afeudale View Post
    I think it might be more difficult to sell just the projector on it's own as it won't be a complete system, but send me a DM and I'll consider it
    I can appreciate that feeling as my first real RGB projector was a second hand eBay auction win in early 2010 that consisted of a 220mW Chinese projector bundled with ILDA cable and coincidentally that same Moncha DAC. It was version 3 at that point. The seller wanted to buy a motorcycle and was giving up the projector after playing with it for about 6 months. He had created about 3-4 Pink Floyd shows and even included the Pink Floyd music CD's with it because of the fear of selling the bundle without the music rights. It was a whopping $600 for the bundle - a lot of money at the time! I knew nothing of this forum or Pangolin or LEM's at that point. So Moncha was my gateway drug into this addiction. My how times have changed! :-) I'll send you a message.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I can appreciate that feeling as my first real RGB projector was a second hand eBay auction win in early 2010 that consisted of a 220mW Chinese projector bundled with ILDA cable and coincidentally that same Moncha DAC. It was version 3 at that point. The seller wanted to buy a motorcycle and was giving up the projector after playing with it for about 6 months. He had created about 3-4 Pink Floyd shows and even included the Pink Floyd music CD's with it because of the fear of selling the bundle without the music rights. It was a whopping $600 for the bundle - a lot of money at the time! I knew nothing of this forum or Pangolin or LEM's at that point. So Moncha was my gateway drug into this addiction. My how times have changed! :-) I'll send you a message.
    Wow! That's quite the story! Especially with the music CD's...lol

Yup, we all had our gateway drug into lasers, mine was a 50mW 532nm DPSS laser (no projector) back in 2002 I would estimate. Times have definitely changed!