Thread: Better understanding fiber lasers

Default Better understanding fiber lasers

I "very" loosely understood how fiber lasers actually worked but I found this video on youtube that really helped me understand fiber lasers a lot better. Very cool, worth a watch if you're curious. I still can't believe how much lasers have changed in the last 30 years since I first started playing around with them!

If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

... thanks!

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Excellent video. Now I understand why the high power fiber lasers wrap the fiber in a loop.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I "very" loosely understood how fiber lasers actually worked but I found this video on youtube that really helped me understand fiber lasers a lot better. Very cool, worth a watch if you're curious. I still can't believe how much lasers have changed in the last 30 years since I first started playing around with them!

This was FABULOUS! I had never heard of there being fiber lasers. The YouTube video was extremely well done and made possible a general understanding of the science and technology.

Thanks!