Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nice show, but...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I was chatting with Jeff (rgb-gas) about this problem and he commented that it would be really cool to see Beam Brush installed in a gas-only projector.

What a great idea!

Wondering if any of the individuals who have prototypes are planning to build one into a projector that uses a mixed-gas ion laser (and PCAOM) instead of diode lasers?

Adam
    I have an mixed gas laser thats 5 watts but it has blooming issues on the beam.
    it did cross my mind for a moment but I wanted to gete working with it quick and the gas laser is too large and confined to my shed and just uses so much power that I abandoned that idea.

Even right now since it took a while to adjust and get it really nice I would not want to remove it from my projector as I'm still actively experimenting and working on content for an eventual release. As they say: Content is key and I want this product to do really well because I'm seeing a lot of potential in it.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i have a mixed gas laser + pcaom in my living room... just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I have an mixed gas laser thats 5 watts but it has blooming issues on the beam.
    it did cross my mind for a moment but I wanted to gete working with it quick and the gas laser is too large and confined to my shed and just uses so much power that I abandoned that idea.

Even right now since it took a while to adjust and get it really nice I would not want to remove it from my projector as I'm still actively experimenting and working on content for an eventual release. As they say: Content is key and I want this product to do really well because I'm seeing a lot of potential in it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

David's build is up and running, and I'm not sure who is more excited for all of you to see it working, me or him ;-)