Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VirtuaLEM 2020! Polls and information

Default also missed it :(

Just saw this. seemed like short notice. I would have really liked to have seen it.

I would love to see the videos if any.

Hey all! Recordings definitely exist and are coming....and yes, EVERYTHING was recorded which is part of why it's taken me a little while to process it all (260GB of raw data!). Work currently requires 200% of my attention during the day and often afterhours as well depending on how badly things are breaking, and after spending 47 of 60 hours at keys for the duration of the event, this past weekend became a mandatory off the grid trip to hang with my wife a bit.

I will be wrapping up the last of the edits/transcoding as I can this week and will at minimum have the completed raw files available in a dropbox for everyone, but if any of you guys have youtube/vimeo/etc channels that you have put LEM videos on before and you'd like them uploaded there too, let's sort something out! PM me here, or even better hit me up on discord if you're on there.

No hurry,

Just sad I missed it.

Laser Warning Wrapping up... Easiest Loadout Ever

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to first say Thank You to Each of You! Without you coming, it wouldn't have been much of an event! We had people in many different time zones tuning in at all different hours of the day, and it made me happy to see all of you! I am looking for a way to see attendance at each of the zoom meetings, so I'll get back to you with that.

Thank you to all of you who presented and contributed content for everyone; we had a good variety of stuff for everyone, and everything you shared was appreciated by the community! GIANT thanks to Will (@singlemode) for the use of his technical skills and equipment, and for handling all the video and audio routing/syncing/editing/transcoding/streaming/linking/allthethings, and speaking of video...

I'm sorry I've been kinda MIA since it ended; had a lot going on at home immediately afterwards. I was hoping to have links to put in this post, but as Will said there is an insane amount of video to process, lol. It took me 27 hours I think just to convert Friday's session so that I could spend another 8 uploading it to dropbox, so... you get the idea.

That being said, it will definitely be worth going back and watching! I know what the result of the Live Jams will be, and I think if you haven't seen them yet, you will be amazed when you do! Also, for those who were in the screen sharing view of Sean's shows, he has given the Hi-res renders to us to use instead of the zoom recording of it (another reason why the videos are taking a minute). I plan to go back and re-watch a few presentations to make sure I get some details I missed the first time around.

Also worth noting, I've noticed so many of your names in the Discord, which is great, but it's better if you pop in and say hi! Many of us hang out in there day to day to just chat about laser whatever, or hop on mic or cam for a second to work on a laser, or talk about a project, or... you get the idea.

For those that missed it: I'm sorry; I tried hard to make sure everyone saw that it was happening by posting in multiple places, but I guess it was inevitable that the message wouldn't reach everyone in time. There were definitely faces that were missed. Hopefully that won't be a problem next year because we'll all be traveling to the same spot instead.

TL;DR: thanks to everybody for being here 'cuz that's what made it happen, 'specially Will, videos to come, watch this space.

-Newlin

Newlin and Will: Thanks for jumping in here to update everyone on the status of the videos.

Wow - over a quarter of a terabyte of raw video! I'm sure everyone understands just how big a job it will be to process all that footage. Also, I didn't mean to rush you guys - it will be ready when it's ready, right?

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the event went. Based on all the positive feedback, we should probably think about doing another one either later this year or early next year.

Adam

This would be wonderful in the middle of winter. Would be super cool if we could stream a live ilda stream too! Have to be careful on copy right but there is plenty we could use.