Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UK laser meet #2

There will be more space. The big dj booth has been downsized and moved and the crowd barrier in front of the stage will be gone.

We can also use the ground floor if needed. Just needs abit more organisation !!

Don't worry , be happy !

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Mark that will be well better if its as you say. If the ground floor is free then maybe then we can do as I think Jem suggested and have a light room for tinkering & chatting and a dark smokey room for the lasers.

Getting better by the day

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

or maybe we could have robs white downstairs, a room to its self and everyone elses up stairs.

only problem with that is no one woud be upstairs
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    or maybe we could have robs white downstairs, a room to its self and everyone elses up stairs.

only problem with that is no one woud be upstairs
    I dont care where it is as long as I have enuff power and water - oh and smoke of course.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Mark ,

it seems it seem this meet might be busier ,and in some ways i am glad there was no music at previous meet as it meant we could all chat and get to know each other without shouting over music but as the meets develop i would also love to hear music and see shows together but of course this may reduce the social aspect , for me anyway as my ears aint as good as my eyes.
    To have a single laser room my also not be as effective as you know all like to analyse each others kits in operation so i would love to see two laser rooms , essentially one for music and lasers and another for lasers if can advise in advance where they want to set up it may also help prevent any congestion .

The room we had was perfect and we are all forever indebted for your genourosity of space and of mind for being the laser enthusiast that you are ! and sharing your knowledge.

It might start to get complicated but maybe reserving booths could be acheived in the main hall for those who are definately interested in projecting shows with music , in any case i personally feel rob (SW) should be able to reserve a position as his kit has the largest logistics to acheive.

I am happy to keep track in this thread of peoples preferences if you feel this is the way forward , i understand we want to make the meets as informal as possible but a bit of pre-organisation can help ensuring everyones comfortable
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

All sounds good Paul - I agree with keeping it friendly and informal but big up for stepping forward and making the suggestion as well as offering to help organise.

I just wish it was next weekend - or this weekend I s'pose cos we would be there now!

Rob

i think go with the flow.

like last time, in the morning just general chat and looking at kit then afternoon and evening lasers and music
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

UK Meet 2008- ULTIMATE PHOTON FIX : http://www.ukln.co.uk/
    VENUE -Leicester Square , 170 Belgrave Gate , Leicester LE1 3UA
    http://www.leicestersq.co.uk/
    Also a map is here, the oval building is the 24hr NCP car park
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...&t=k&z=18&om=1
    DATE - Sunday 3rd Feburary
    Times setup from 10am - starting 12 noon till late
    ( last meet cleared at 11.30pm)

Fluff - host - YES (mark )
    Lasermad -YES (paul)
    Andy Con - YES (andy)
    Jem - YES (jeremy)
    Stanwax -YES (Rob)
    Bobert - YES
    ChaosIllumination - YES (neil)
    YAG - YES
    AC LAsers - YES
    James@LV - YES (james)
    p1t8ull +1 - YES (simon)
    Insanity - YES (mark )
    UK-Laser -YES
    AIDEN = YES (aiden)
    Wiring Monkey = YES
    Soforene = YES
    Jimbo = YES
    .................................................. ............
    450nm ?
    Ched99UK ?
    mazfg ?
    The Doctor ?
    Banthai - (karl) out of country ? ?
    James Stewart ?
    Bill benner & hayden ( we are allowed to dream ) ?
    Cruch - from a far off land ?
    Xntrix - from the land of monsters ! ?
    Buffo - come on Adam - have a holiday in UK ?
    Greenalien ?
    Badger1666 ?
    Quazar ?

Might be easier if you PM me if you aint going or are missed off list .
    you dont have to be on the list to attend , this is just to keep track of things ...

Please be aware this is CHAV FREE zone ! 16 year olds who think who think this might be an opportunity to sell a few tabs look elsewhere for your marketplace
    Last edited by Lasermad; 11-18-2007 at 06:38. Reason: Edit - removing marks mobile number
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Paul as you have correctley counted me in - thanks - but I will have 1 or 2 guests (my travel bitches ) so keep them in mind too

Rob

Hi Paul

I'll possibly have a guest too. If it's 'Wiring Monkey' (Craig), he's not allowed to want to go home early this time !

Thanks Fluff for organising the venue and thanks Paul for organising the err... Organising

If there's going to be a lot more people there it might be worth thinking about pointing all the lasers in the same direction this time, we don't want any accidents.

Yes' I have to confess, it was I who suggested using two rooms if possible, I still think this is a good idea, One dark and noisy and one light and quiet.

Jem