Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: UK laser meet #2

Morning everyone - see yer all soon

Just having me Cheerio's and about to put stuff in car
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Have a safe journey everyone. I'm setting off shortly, Ooh, isn't it exciting

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Is there anything I need to bring with me - spare pants, rubber socks, head brace ????

Newbie here you know
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Car loaded. Check
    Bacon Butties. Check
    Spare Pants Check

I'm ready !!

I've not been able to go
    Did a gig (disco) last night but had to go back today to pick my gear up.
    Noticed the webcam isn't on too, so I can't even enjoy the atmosphere at home.

Jim

I've had to miss it as well - vehicle problems. C'est la vie! Shame the live link doesn't seem to be up.

Thumbs up

You guys missed out on a fantastic event.
    So much colour and Power !!

I'd like to extend my thanks to all that attended (even if I never spoke to you) as everyone was so "noob-friendly".
    Although I had to leave at 17:00 when everyone else strolled off to the pub, I had a great day (even though we were invaded by Goths).

Particular thanks to Stanwax who truly is a "Blue Peter" kinda guy.
    Give him a candle, two yoghurt pots and some sticky back plastic and he'll create a Laser show!
    Also thanks to Jem for showing off his LivePro system and for the ear destroying feedback.

Cheers guys !!

Smile

Why is Rob's peter blue? (And why does Soforene know this?) I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, but just what the heck were you guys DOING today? (On second thought, nevermind... I don't want to know!)

Ok - I had to google it. Basically "Blue Peter" is the BBC's version of Sesame Street and Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood, with some Discovery Channel stuff thrown in for good measure. It's been on the air for 50 years, so it must be good. So Stanwax is like Jim Henson, Fred Rodgers, Captian Kangaroo, and Marlin Perkins, all rolled up into one. (But with more emphasis on lasers, presumably.) Yeah, that sounds about right!

Now what's the story about the goth invasion? That sounds weird...

Adam

The venue is a Goth hangout but they were all in the downstairs room (where the Bar is).
    They must have got curious about all these guys coming in for drinks looking smart with their dashing UKLEM Security Passes and then disappearing upstairs.
    So they wandered up to see what was happening.

Rob showed initiative by charging 'em a couple of bob (bucks) for the Security charge too!

As to Rob's Peter, I suspect it's Multicolour but I couldn't confirm it for sure as it was dark in his corner.

I sneaked of early also.. sorry bout that...I was F F F F FREEZING and had a long train journy home but it was great to meet you all and gawp at your kit.
    I never knew pbs cubes could be so small.
    Thanks for a fun / friendly and interesting day.

Hey when I left a saw a women in the goth bar doing Ti Chi...lol

Graham