Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UK laser meet #2

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Wooo Hoooo , sounds like even more fun ! I am up for it !
    Feb would likely be best for me , avoiding valentines weekend of course but heck name a date i will be there !

It would likely be cheaper ! for me to fly down rather than drive and easier , flights to stanstead are so cheap from Glasgow ! ... Andy ? do you pass stanstead ? on the way ? :-) to leicester ?

UK LEM - Laser JAM >>> Coming soon ! Yeee Haaa

PAUL
    i do pass stansted, but two things,

if you come on a plane you wont be able to bring any kit!!!!

and flight times, as i wana spend a full day at the meet, but apart from that i can pick you up no prob. Providing you dont mind my driving
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Wahoo!
    I'm very up for early 2008 - if next weekend is definitely out
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

im away in cornwall next weekend, but next month i can do
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

so do we want to make a date for jan /feb time??

does anyone have any no no's???

3rd of feb any good?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

that would suite me - just a few days after my birthday and 2 weeks before i go on hols

So i will second that motion - all in favour say 'AYE'

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

3rd of feb 2008

AYE
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

New boy here and if I have a vote (even half a vote) then I'll attend.

As I'm just starting out with playing with Lasers, I don't have half the gear you guys have so you'd laugh at my toys but I'm willing to help out with lugging equipment around if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    ... but I'm willing to help out with lugging equipment around if needed.
    Ooh, Rob. How can you refuse an offer like that. Didn't you mention that you needed a sucker...err... Roadie to help you with your nice lightweight gas laser

I'm up for meeting pretty much anytime. If we can't get Fluff's place I can probably get access to a nice hall (where we can have haze/fog). Perhaps if Fluff is kind enough to let us use his place again we could maybe get the ground floor room ? That would save you lugging the stuff up the stairs.

Cheers

Jem

3rd of Feb I will likely be stateside, though this is not 100% confirmed yet!

Dates after that are good!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    New boy here and if I have a vote (even half a vote) then I'll attend.

As I'm just starting out with playing with Lasers, I don't have half the gear you guys have so you'd laugh at my toys but I'm willing to help out with lugging equipment around if needed.

Yes you get a vote and we welcome anyone hobbist to pro we are not fussy. No one will laugh at you gear but you make pick up lots of useful info or advice and if you have any wisdom to share then maybe someone else can learn a little from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Ooh, Rob. How can you refuse an offer like that. Didn't you mention that you needed a sucker...err... Roadie to help you with your nice lightweight gas laser

I'm up for meeting pretty much anytime. If we can't get Fluff's place I can probably get access to a nice hall (where we can have haze/fog). Perhaps if Fluff is kind enough to let us use his place again we could maybe get the ground floor room ? That would save you lugging the stuff up the stairs.

Cheers

Jem
    yes yes yes - more hands - mind you if we did get that ground floor it would be sooooo much easier for lugging stuff and for water supply - we would be right by the tap. Dunno about mains power - we would end up running that from upstairs!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk