Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UK laser meet #2

Default UK laser meet #2

I thought I would get the ball rolling....Ok i know we have joked about we all want another next week but seriously what do you guys reckon on 6 months or 12 months - or other for the second meet?

I know Im gonna work like buggery on mamba to get something more coherent - no pun intended - to display rather than just odd thrown toghther frames or standard shows because I know there is more that I could blow you all away with from my whitelight

I also have a suggestion. My laser pinched the power for the P.A. in the club but if we use the same venue again how about if I - now I know whats available - bring a junction board so we can run the SP168 and the P.A. so that even if its just as a climax to the event for the last hour or 2 we play some music and those who have live control on thier systems just bang away to fill the room with music and light. Those without live control could sit and have the time of thier life with a jaw dropping ammount of beams - I reckon it would be a show stopper.

what think you??

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

count me in, just name the date.

im gona try get mine fully up and running for next time
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Im in.

If I can get my argon <shamless plug> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALC-60x-Argon-...QQcmdZViewItem </shamless plug> sold then I will hopefully have something to bring this time!

If the PA is that much of a problem, im sure someone could bring some speaksers + amp + laptop with MP3s.
    Regards,

Aidan

Aiden

Sounds systems aren't a problem . I've got one or two that would be ample.

Venue is always available to me ( within reason !! ), so no problem with the same place.

If my own projects go to plan I should have a few new neo units and a whole bunch of motorised diffraction gratings , mirrorball bounce mirrors and bounce mirrors to stick around the room .

I'm hoping to have a couple of my hobby efforts built by then too, assuming we go for six months ( Jan/Feb ? Nice and dark !!)

I'm already counting the days. I think linking all the machines together to run a multihead show would also be cool trick to try

Just give me a date!

Fluff
    Last edited by fluff; 08-15-2007 at 12:46.
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Definitely up for another one, and getting a bit of a show together would be very cool!

I'm not totally au fait with all the control systems that people use, but if they could chase time code, we could create something pretty special!

Otherwise a live "jam" would be a lot of fun!

P.S. I can probably help out with sound cabling/power distribution if required.

so jan/feb time sees to be the way forward.

i would love one sooner, but if we have them to often there won be as much magic.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    Otherwise a live "jam" would be a lot of fun!
    Thats what I had in mind I think it would be pretty good. I know the Pango boys have livepro and Mamba has liveplayer which can be controlled by midi keyboard (as I'm sure Pango can).

Rob

PS Rob I never really thanked you and the others who helped me lug my gear in and out including Rob and em Rob (thats Bobert & UK laser). I know others mucked in as well so thanks to anyone who carted my kit especially my pal Kev!
    Last edited by stanwax; 08-15-2007 at 13:20.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Count me in!

Only problem with Jan/Feb is the potential for the weather to be bad, but i've a mate who has a Range Rover and a Hummer so anything's possible

Next time i'm in for the duration

Cheers

Jem

im sure the snow wont be that bad in leicester
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Wooo Hoooo , sounds like even more fun ! I am up for it !
    Feb would likely be best for me , avoiding valentines weekend of course but heck name a date i will be there !

It would likely be cheaper ! for me to fly down rather than drive and easier , flights to stanstead are so cheap from Glasgow ! ... Andy ? do you pass stanstead ? on the way ? :-) to leicester ?

UK LEM - Laser JAM >>> Coming soon ! Yeee Haaa

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers