Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Search continues for new SELEM venue for 2021 - post your ideas here!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Pictures are proving too difficult to upload.
    PM Sent...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    pictures of the place.

not "pictures".
    Perhaps you are too young , Padawan, to recognize a "All That Which IS " parody?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Perhaps you are too young , Padawan, to recognize a "All That Which IS " parody?

Steve
    i must be

"the myth of the killer ape is true"
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thumbs up Quick update

Hey everyone;

Just wanted to let you all know that Brad and I have been working on SELEM 2021 plans for a while now, and I expect to post the official sign-up thread later this week.

SELEM 14 will be held at Brad's facility (The Executive Banquet and Conference Center in EDIT: Newark, Delaware). Load-in will be on Sunday, August 8th. SELEM will formally kick off Monday, August 9th, and will run through Thursday, August 12th. Load out will be on Friday, August 13th. Hours will be the same as they've always been.

We will still have most of the same display spaces that we've grown accustomed to at previous events, including "Club-SELEM", "Show-off area", "Buy-Sell-Trade", "Classroom", and of course, the main "Auditorium" space. Yes, each one of these individual spaces will be a bit smaller this year, but we predict that this will make the event more enjoyable because people won't be as widely separated as they were in Newton.

The main ball room will be split into two sections, with the front section being devoted primarily to graphics shows and pre-choreographed content (the former "Auditorium") while the back half will be set aside for live beam shows (the former "Club-SELEM"). The rest of the display spaces will be spread around the entrance lobby, the bridal suite, and some of the spacious hallways and storage areas near the kitchen and the loading dock. We will have both 208/240V 3 phase and 480V 3 phase power available near the loading dock.

There is a possibility that we might be able to do a public laser show that Friday night (August 13th) in the hall after SELEM is complete. The idea would be for us to perform live lasers and video effects to accompany a Pink Floyd tribute band that is performing for the public. All proceeds from the event would go to the hall (minus expenses for the band) to help offset the fact that the hall would be giving SELEM a very favorable rental rate for the week.

Not sure if this concert idea will actually happen or not yet, as there is still a great deal of planning that needs to be done, but I wanted to let people know that this is something we're actively working on. (Since we won't be doing lasers in downtown Newton with the symphony orchestra, we thought it might be fun to do something with a band instead!)

Brad is working on securing special deals for rooms at the local Holiday Inn Express and at a very nice Bed and Breakfast facility just down the street. Fortunately, the initial conversations suggest that the room rates will be very similar to what we've been paying in Newton.

More information to come very soon when I post the sign-up thread, but for now you can mark your calendars at least!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 03-29-2021 at 05:39.

Default wow

great work you guys

this sounds perfect- Sat night is no big deal to us anyway.
    time to start making my list and begin packing--
    looking to share travel from Texas-Ok-
    ==PM me
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-