Thread: Clown Core

Default Clown Core

I have often said that just about everything in music was done by about 1980 or so. All popular music since then is just a rehash of stuff from the early sixties to about 1980. I often wondered where could music go? What is left to do?

Well look up Clown Core on youtube.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I have often said that just about everything in music was done by about 1980 or so. All popular music since then is just a rehash of stuff from the early sixties to about 1980. I often wondered where could music go? What is left to do?

Well look up Clown Core on youtube.
    I think what Too Many Zooz are doing is interesting. They call it Brass House.

There is a band from right here in my home town of Akron Ohio called The Acid Cats that are keys, bass, drums, trumpet and tenor sax. What they do with time, meter and composition is off the hook. I've seen them live several time over the years and they just keep getting better. I would say that a live performance is really the way to get into it. They have recordings that are quite good, but to see them doing it is amazing. And they are all really nice guys very willing to hang out with audience members between sets.
    Last edited by james; 09-26-2020 at 22:12.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I think what Too Many Zooz are doing is interesting. They call it Brass House.
    Rick (Hitekvoop) introduced us to "Too Many Zooz" at SELEM a couple years ago. Definitely something different, although to be fair it's not my cup of tea.

Adam

I was introduced to Galactic while watching Fargo the TV series. They sound to my ignorant ears like Too Many Zooz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxNF...annel=Galactic

Default pew

louie armstrong "satchmo" would roll over!

I'm not real keen on Clown Core's rather crass humor and gimmicks, but they are both obviously very talented musicians.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials