Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-A

Yes, the variable rotation signals for Laserium came from one of the joysticks, or the Danube card originally. Then someone decided anything could be a rotation signal...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Zeiss letterhead - cool.
    Just a note pad from a Powerdome planetarium workshop I went to in Jena years ago.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Steve in the circuit below - on the right side - the output of the 633s are tied to the input of the op-amps - maybe I'm missing something, but from where I'm sitting that can't be right...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AD633_rotator_not_working.png  

Last edited by laserist; 03-22-2021 at 18:44.

I notice the IMROT uses the AD532 as does Brian's wire wrap board. I couldn't find information on using the AD633 for Z axis anywhere else. Much obliged for the provided schematic.

The continuous turn potentiometer, when connected as shown in the graphic, produces triangle waves 90 degrees out of phase rather than sinusoids. This results in the size of the image reaching a maximum when aligned with an axis, and minimum when 45 degrees off axis. If I remember correctly, this was remedied by the joysticks on the 6b having circular cutouts in the panel against which the shaft of the stick would find a limit to motion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AD633_Z_rotate_De_Jur_pot.jpg  

Continuous_Turn_Pot.png  

Have you tried grounding the north and south pins?

The AD633 is relatively new. Laser Images used AD533s early on, triming them was hit or miss since I never saw a procedure. I swapped the ones in my machine with AD532s. The AD633s look like the AD532s in a smaller footprint to me.

Grounding the north and south pins doesn't produce a noticeable difference in circuit operation, but I see why it's the right thing to do.

Photo shows the temporary improvised "card cage". Some over priced, gold loaded Vector boards arrived so I can use the connectors Brian sent a while back for a permanent build, which would be convenient should the synthesizer wish to make an appearance at such time in the future as when meetings and events can resume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector_boards.jpg  

Temporary_card_cage.jpg  

I just bought some stuff including a couple of "sin/cos" pots off of ebay. If they're not crap I'll send them if you want them...

Sure, thanks! I'll test them and post the results. Next task is reviewing your previous description of how to assemble a joystick and seeing how far I get with the parts I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mixing_modules_4.jpg  

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that swept spiral.... .so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Sure, thanks! I'll test them and post the results. Next task is reviewing your previous description of how to assemble a joystick and seeing how far I get with the parts I have.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.