Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: CYGN-A

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    The z axis rotation was originally 45 degrees or all at zero, but later 90 degrees was added. What I think you're referring to is the manual rotation (red on the leverlite switches) was out of phase with the 351 image path and when in yellow on the leverlite switches would pump up the gain on one color reduce the gain on another and the other two would do a lissajous thing at 45 and 135 degrees as the 351 gain increased...
    Do you happen to remember if the 90 degrees replaced the 45 degrees, or was there a way that the operator or the system switched between the two?

No, they didn't usually take things away. (But with the DOG card they screwed up a bit) That would have screwed up the old shows. The additional rotation bit came with the expansion to the 352 data set to include 16 more bits that came with the Beatles show...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    No, they didn't usually take things away. (But with the DOG card they screwed up a bit) That would have screwed up the old shows. The additional rotation bit came with the expansion to the 352 data set to include 16 more bits that came with the Beatles show...
    Some material, older and newer, has been inspected using the 352 viewer software. The unlabeled bytes 13, 14, and bits 1 to 5 of byte 16 appear to stay at zero in all of the shows. Although there was that one time... probably unintended noise.

Byte 15 bit 6 is a candidate for maybe being the fixed rotation interval select bit. It seems to stay in one state for a whole show, but occasionally there is a state change or brief activity in this bit. In the frame from L.A.Woman shown, a 90 degree fixed rotation interval is used (I think), and the bit is on. However, in a part I remember from Crystal Odyssey in which I would expect this bit to be on, it isn't.

Anyway, I'll use it as if on is 90 degrees, so L.A Woman plays right. If it shows up as obviously wrong in another number, the search will continue.

I'm surmising the frame map posted previously from Ron 6b-352_DATA-FORMAT.pdf represents the frame including the 16 new Beatles bits, though I'm not certain of this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rotation_90_degree_bit_hunt_2.jpg  

Last edited by Greg; 09-21-2023 at 16:26.

Bytes 15 & 16 had data after the Beatles show. Technically words 12-16 had function assigned for Griffith Park, but nobody else used those. Actually one was for master intensity and if anybody ever used it I'm not aware... And a lot of the new 16 bit block was ADIG stuff, and a bit or two image rotation. There was at least one addition mode of image rotation and two new sources if memory serves...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso