Thread: Newbie help.and advice

Default Newbie help.and advice

Hi all,
    Have been browsing for a week or so and thought its about time I joined.
    Ive ordered the laserworld CS 1000rgb Mk2 to play around with, have been looking at the laswerworld show editor software to play with, is this recommended by you guys?

Also I have quite a comprehensive sound set up at home, and was wondering how you link the lasershow to the audio, side of things ? Whats the normal way to connect to the amp ?

Thanks in advance and I hope the questions aren't too stupid lol

Paul.

Default go Pangolin

8 years ago I was a newbie to, and had asked the same question.
    Adam (buffo) answered "Go Pangolin software, you wont go wrong"
    It's pricey but well worth it, it really is the best in the world, ad the tech support is un matched. I started with there LD2000 software which I still use and have upgraded to Beyond software. very powerful stuff brother, you wont be sorry and it pays off right a way in use. I had to save for two months and @$12. an hour it was a strain but not to much of one.
    now I make professional shows at public events for all to see and it's all KAVANT PANGOLIN LASER SYSTEM POWERED.
    Even my totally blind wife produced a live laser show that was seen world wide for the ILDA 2020 cloud conference held this year, her show is called "blind light" posted on my youtube channel "lasertize" with many other shows I wrote. check it out!

Thankyou for the reply, having surfed the net Pangolin certainly does tick all the boxes and more, once xmas is out the way and normal service resumes I will save the pennies to buy a copy.

For now I've bought a dmx512 to play with and although its limited, I'm finding it a great tool for a beginner and alot more fun than sound to light.

Initially i was looking at show editor by laserworld, but the more I'm reading pangolin seem to be the go to software.
    What are the main differences between Quickshow and Beyond?

Thumbs up I've been told

I've been told that there a lot alike, that learning QS will help on learning Beyond. I am still learning Beyond, bought Beyond Ultimate lic in July of this year. It works well with midi controllers like the APC40 MK i and ii for live performed shows. you can get a free demo down load from Pangolin to check it out for your self. as for knowing the difference between quick show and Beyond, I don't know much, never used quick show only LD2000 and jumped straight into Beyond. Beyond has unlimited frames, and a lot smoother animation as for the rest of it, still learning. my wife and i's first show production using Beyond and the ACP40MKii midi controller was November22/20 at the ILDA'S 2020 cloud conference barely a month ago.
    Pangolin, you won't go wrong!