Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Woohooo...just paid, just in time within the pre-reg period. Shirt size L please.

Not sure if i am allowed to fly / travel, but hey, SELEM is good and i enjoyed my stay so much so i just booked.
    If i am not able to make it, put my money down for a round of drinks for the crew building up.

Coming home after such an awesome week in 2019 was a bit of a downer (being in the middle of a breakup).
    So SELEM was an awesome getaway and i was feeling thankful for having met so many likeminded, crazy, awesome totally cool people like you bunch. The Saturn scanners have not seen much work, but the pancake house mapping job (more like a castle) was featured by Pangolin and was a great job. Interested to see the beambrush and the kinetic plugin still has my interested.

Looking forward seeing you all.

Kind regards from the Netherlands.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Got you on the list, Dimitri!

Just a reminder folks: Today is the last day for Early Registration. Sign up before the price goes up!

Adam

Cool regards from Texas

[QUOTE=hobbybob;357068]Woohooo...just paid, just in time within the pre-reg period. Shirt size L please.

Not sure if i am allowed to fly / travel, but hey, SELEM is good and i enjoyed my stay so much so i just booked.
    If i am not able to make it, put my money down for a round of drinks for the crew building up.

Coming home after such an awesome week in 2019 was a bit of a downer (being in the middle of a breakup).
    So SELEM was an awesome getaway and i was feeling thankful for having met so many likeminded, crazy, awesome totally cool people like you bunch. The Saturn scanners have not seen much work, but the pancake house mapping job (more like a castle) was featured by Pangolin and was a great job. Interested to see the beambrush and the kinetic plugin still has my interested.

Looking forward seeing you all.

Kind regards from the Netherlands.[/QUOTE
    Great to hear this---sorry I did not get to SELEM 2019 & missed meeting you.
    Meeting 'Masterpj' was great (around 2012)-- 1)meeting him and 2)enjoying a special treat --
    Stroopwafels.
    One was not enough-- SO you cannot bring us TOO MANY
    - I KNOW many have never heard of them-- SO GOOD with morning coffee-- I will be glad to 'chip-in' so get an extra dozen(s) and I will have some CASH for you.
    SEE YOU THERE---Hak

BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

I had wanted to attend but it seems like SELEM usually conflicts with a get together I have with some of my old Navy buddies, who are like brothers to me, and always take priority over pretty much anything.

Have fun guys. Being in a different place and not stuck in quarantine should be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I had wanted to attend but it seems like SELEM usually conflicts with a get together I have with some of my old Navy buddies, who are like brothers to me, and always take priority over pretty much anything.

Have fun guys. Being in a different place and not stuck in quarantine should be a lot of fun.
    Good for you!

I miss a few buddies from my Air Force days...

sO I just booked my flight, and thought to book a hotelroom in HIE on Elkton road.
    Had to spell my name in Nato Alphabet, then she asked 3 times for my name again, then saying she doesn't understand Nato alphabet. Why didn't you say after the first time, takes me ages to spell my name. goddamnit!
    Then when she finally managed to get my name correct, i gave the group code and then the lady said: Oooh that can only booked through the hotel operator ??!??! Who am i talking to now then ? Goddamnit again.
    Well she transferred me to April, a very nice lady, who couldn't hear me because i got transferred.

So i called again and then April picked up right away the whole circus started over again : Delta India Mike India Tango Romeo India etc...
    But if all went well i got a room confirmation will come in! I have already asked the confirmation number.
    April was of great help.

So got my flight booked, got hotel booked. It's almost 2 AM now. So tomorrow continue.
    Tomorrow i will look for a rental car on BWI airport and then i have to request a new ESTA, seriously the previous one expired because i thought: Corona, can't fly this year and then things started looking brighter again, managed to get the week of from work. My ESTA expired 1 week before i decided to go to SELEM2021, goddamn for the third time... but hey ... i will request a new one.

So it is happening! YES! looking forward to see you, get my vaccinations on the 11th of june and 16th of july, so am protected (2 weeks after last shot) when i come to you guys.

Yihaaaa... quite happy.
    I didn't fail !

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

SEE?? Now THERE is someone who understands the value of coming to SELEM (and why it's an event not to be missed). If Dimitri can do it... YOU can do it!

Looking forward to seeing you again Dimmers!
    PM Sent...

Wow Dimitri! Sorry you had to go through all of that. Worth every ounce of stress.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Wow Dimitri! Sorry you had to go through all of that. Worth every ounce of stress.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    No stress here man, just a bit disappointed that she let's me spell it out 3 times and then hears the group code and says i don't know, someone else has to handle this.
    I also sent an email since my confirmation is stalling somewhere.

Just have applied for my ESTA so within 72 hrs we know if i can enter the USA ;-)
    I didn't fail !

Update:

That was quick:

Your travel authorization has been approved and you are authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.
    I didn't fail !