Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Default Laser Theater schedule

Who's working on the schedule? I want to play a few new beam and screen shows at the theater.

-Nisha
    ...Coherent Creativity...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLotus View Post
    Who's working on the schedule?
    That's a good question, Nisha. Normally I'd say that Kumpula is all over it. Unfortunately, this yeah he may not be able to attend. (Wife will be traveling, so he needs to be home to take care of his daughter.)

This means that at present we don't have anyone who is arranging a schedule. Would anyone like to volunteer?

I want to play a few new beam and screen shows at the theater.
    I'm sure we can work that out! But I agree that it would be nice if we had a published schedule once again this year.

Adam

PS: John, it's 47 days until load-in.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    That's a good question, Nisha. Normally I'd say that Kumpula is all over it. Unfortunately, this yeah he may not be able to attend. (Wife will be traveling, so he needs to be home to take care of his daughter.)

This means that at present we don't have anyone who is arranging a schedule. Would anyone like to volunteer?

I'm sure we can work that out! But I agree that it would be nice if we had a published schedule once again this year.

Adam

PS: John, it's 47 days until load-in.

PM SENT about schedule
    Eric in New Orleans

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Will 220 single phase and or three phase be available?

Hollow StateIons forever... I got some new toyz besides my solid state
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Will 220 single phase and or three phase be available?
    Yes, and yes. We will have 220 single phase, 208 3-phase, and 480 3-phase available.

However, if we need more than 30 amps per leg of 208 3-phase we will have to pull the cover off one of the breaker panels and wire in a separate 3-phase breaker. (There is a disconnect that we can access easily enough, but it is fused for 30 amps per leg.)

Hollow State Ions forever... I got some new toyz besides my solid state
    Nice! The ion laser work area will be the loading dock area. 220 single phase is available in several places. The 480 3-phase is accessible via cam-lock connectors at the loading dock, and the disconnect for 208 3-phase is just outside the loading dock. If we need to get into a breaker panel to access more 208 3-phase, those panels are also located at the loading dock.

I would strongly suggest that the folks who plan to bring ion lasers to SELEM get together amongst themselves and figure out how you'd like to handle power distribution. I spoke with Jeff (RGB-gas), and he might be able to bring a spare 3-phase panel with several breakers. If we did that, we would only need to pull one feed from the main panel (at least for 208 3-phase anyway). But he also has a transformer that can make gobs of 208 3-phase from a 480 3-phase feeder, so if no one is planning to bring a saber or an I-400, then we could use the 480 3-phase cam-locks to power that big transformer... I just don't want Jeff to have to drag that 600 lb transformer all the way to Delaware if we don't need it!

I'm sure Brad Stockdale will be bringing some of his ion gear, and the same goes for David Francis. Pretty sure DZ has at least one or two ions in his collection as well, but I think all of his are running off single phase PSUs now. So, yeah, it would be super helpful if someone would be willing to step up and organize the ion crew, particularly when it comes to power needs.

Adam

Small thing, but, could you drop the "H" off the end of my name, please?

Time for me to visit SELEM after all the dutch and uk lems i guess..

i have just paid, t-shirt 2XL please

lets hope travel is allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by eightdot View Post
    Time for me to visit SELEM after all the dutch and uk lems i guess..

i have just paid, t-shirt 2XL please

lets hope travel is allowed...

You won't regret it.

Where are you coming from?
    I see you only have very few posts. Welcome to PL. Tell us a little about yourself.

I make the name tags for SELEM. I will include your avatar if you have one. I will start printing them soon so if you want it on your name tag you should add it to your profile ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    You won't regret it.

Where are you coming from?
    I see you only have very few posts. Welcome to PL. Tell us a little about yourself.

I make the name tags for SELEM. I will include your avatar if you have one. I will start printing them soon so if you want it on your name tag you should add it to your profile ASAP.
    Hi Lazerjock,

Eightdot is my buddy , he has travelled the last 6 or 7 years with me to UKLEM.
    Heard me about SELEM, was interested so last Sunday we booked ticket (couldn't fly together but arrive 1 hr apart on BWI or so).
    Contacted hotel, they upped my room from 1p to 2 persons.

Now all is left is rent a rental car to be able to drive around, visit the Supermarkets, buy all the nice M&Ms and get donuts in the morning ;-)

So yeah , hell yeah my mate is coming with me! How cool is that. So now you don't get just one Dutchy, there will be two (and if PJ comes over 3).
    Oh and all the UKLEM folks ? How many are coming? Still 0.... booooooooo! Shame on them. SELEM is awesome and we will rock the shit out the DELAWARE convention center and banqueting halls ;-) Looking forward meeting you all again.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Hi Lazerjock,

Eightdot is my buddy , he has travelled the last 6 or 7 years with me to UKLEM.
    Heard me about SELEM, was interested so last Sunday we booked ticket (couldn't fly together but arrive 1 hr apart on BWI or so).
    Contacted hotel, they upped my room from 1p to 2 persons.

Now all is left is rent a rental car to be able to drive around, visit the Supermarkets, buy all the nice M&Ms and get donuts in the morning ;-)

So yeah , hell yeah my mate is coming with me! How cool is that. So now you don't get just one Dutchy, there will be two (and if PJ comes over 3).
    Oh and all the UKLEM folks ? How many are coming? Still 0.... booooooooo! Shame on them. SELEM is awesome and we will rock the shit out the DELAWARE convention center and banqueting halls ;-) Looking forward meeting you all again.
    Great! Can't wait to meet him.

I forgot about you and M&M's. Lol