Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    Small thing, but, could you drop the "H" off the end of my name, please?
    Oh Wow! Sorry about that, Newlin.

I looked back, and sure enough: I've been misspelling your name going all the way back to at least 2014, and probably further than that even. My Bad!

I've fixed it now, and hopefully I won't make the same mistake in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by eightdot View Post
    Time for me to visit SELEM after all the dutch and uk lems i guess..
    Whoo Hoo! Got you added to the list, Reinder! Looking forward to having more folks from Europe joining us this year.

lets hope travel is allowed...
    This is definitely a concern. This website suggests that travelers from the Netherlands must quarantine for 14 days in some other country (e.g. Mexico, Canada) before they can legally enter the USA, however it has not been updated since the end of April.

I've also heard that there are some exceptions if you can prove that you have been vaccinated AND if you have a negative test result for COVID within 3 days of your flight date, but I can't find an official website that discusses all the different options.

I suggest that you check with the airline you will be flying on, and maybe also check with the officials in the Netherlands.

If anyone here has better information about the official USA policy for travelers from Europe, please post them in this thread.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Dude... we're going one morning to the Chesapeake Bay Coffee Company for doughnuts!! You NEED to try the maple bacon and the salted caramel. Maybe the morning we go fly the drones at Turkey Point Lighthouse since it is on the way.

I'm starting to get just a little bit stoked for this. It still seems like a long ways off but, I know it will get here quickly. Especially since I've still got to finish getting the spare bedroom set up and ready for buffo.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Especially since I've still got to finish getting the spare bedroom set up and ready for buffo.
    Wait what? Adam is staying with you?
    It's sort of like when you give a friend a cookie at school and the teacher asks...Did you bring enough for everyone?

So, I say we all cancel our hotel reservations and invade Brad's house!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Wait what? Adam is staying with you?
    It's sort of like when you give a friend a cookie at school and the teacher asks...Did you bring enough for everyone?

Err...well... uhh...
    PM Sent...

I make the name tags for SELEM.
    Name tags I seem to remember this spiced liquid
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Oh Wow! Sorry about that, Newlin.

I suggest that you check with the airline you will be flying on, and maybe also check with the officials in the Netherlands.

If anyone here has better information about the official USA policy for travelers from Europe, please post them in this thread.

Adam
    We will, our government just made an app. And on the original Corona website of Dutch government: No tourist flights, only US Citizens.
    Ok seems to be outdated as a few lines below it says:

Yes it's yellow area, so no quarantine when you come back. Business travel is allowed.
    Lucky for us this is our business ;-) And we cannot learn here what we can learn at SELEM.
    So we really need to come to SELEM.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

That would be one crowded house! It's only a 2 bedroom, after all...

Besides, we were already planning to swing by the BNB to have breakfast with the group at some point, and we'll probably hang out with the late night crowd at the hotel as well (at least for a few nights), so it's not like we will be isolated or anything. (Brad lives very close to the venue, but even so, we'll only be going to his place to crash for the night. All the "after-SELEM" fun will be happening at the hotel or the BNB.)

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Unfortunately, we can't bring our own alcohol into the venue. The venue has a commercial liquor license, but it doesn't allow for any "private stock", even if you buy it yourself at the store.

We need to respect this rule: if the venue gets inspected, they could lose their liquor license. We don't want to be the cause of that!

We will have a cash bar available at least two nights during SELEM, and there *might* be a grey area (read: loophole) regarding the outside spaces surrounding the venue (still need to check on that).

But overall we need to keep in mind that Delaware has very different laws regarding liquor licensing compared to North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    We will, our government just made an app. And on the original Corona website of Dutch government: No tourist flights, only US Citizens.
    So if you can make the case that the trip is for business purposes, then they will allow you to enter the USA? That sounds like a plan!

Lucky for us this is our business ;-) And we cannot learn here what we can learn at SELEM.
    So we really need to come to SELEM.
    Exactly!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

This is definitely a concern. This website suggests that travelers from the Netherlands must quarantine for 14 days in some other country (e.g. Mexico, Canada) before they can legally enter the USA, however it has not been updated since the end of April.

This hasnt changed for ages and probably wont change for a long time
    You have to stay in mexico city/mexico to get into america for 2 weeks.

It's wild because there are outbreaks there but it's because of relations between mexico and america.. big political game at this point really.

About other ways to get in for europeans to america: Dont even try.
    NIE was the only option at first but they aren't given out anymore since 2020 where they gave them out more easily.. business or vaccinated fully does not make a difference here.. PCR tested flight also does not get you entry.
    I had hired (still have) an immigration lawyer to try any other options and this was the conclusion for business. No matter what amount financially you throw at it it will not change this either.

This is currently the only way and will likely drag out for a very long time still by the sad lookout of it.

Default Thursday Night Festivities

Well... a new first for a LEM of any kind. While the public show we hoped to do on Friday night couldn't happen this year because of conflicts with actually two different bands, Echoes, the Pink Floyd tribute band I do lasers for will be playing live for our Thursday night live laser/video synthesis frolicking. This will also be sort of a test run for SELEM 2022 where we DO hope to have a live, public performance. The set list will be as follows:

Set 1
    The Thin Ice 02:27
    Another Brick Pt 1. 03:11
    The Happiest Days of our Lives 01:46
    Another Brick Pt 2 03:59
    Mother 05:32
    Shine On I-V 13:32
    Welcome to The Machine 7:33
    Have a Cigar 5:24
    POTW1 1:25
    Dogs 17:04
    Pigs 11:30