Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Started feeling sick Monday night, have had a negative covid test since then but wife came back positive. 4 days later still don't feel great. She had known exposures at work Thursday/Friday so if I actually have it that's probably where I got it from, but just putting it out there out of an abundance of caution
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Thanks for letting us know. We hope you and your wife a speedy feel great soon recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Started feeling sick Monday night, have had a negative covid test since then but wife came back positive. 4 days later still don't feel great. She had known exposures at work Thursday/Friday so if I actually have it that's probably where I got it from, but just putting it out there out of an abundance of caution
    I have a minor procedure on Tuesday, so I had to have a COVID test this morning, and it came back negative. At SELEM, I was mostly maskless on Monday and Tuesday, but masked up most of (but not all of) Wednesday and Thursday. Just posting this for additional information.

The Delta variant doesn't care if you're vaxxed or not, and is much more contagious than the previous variants. So not only can you catch it much easier than before (if you don't wear a mask around other people indoors), you can still transmit it to other people and still have little or no symptoms. So please be safe and careful out there until we knock this thing down for good.

My work offers free COVID testing twice a week. I've been tested twice now since I got back from SELEM, both negative.

Second test Still negative
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's great news. i got tested on saturday and am waiting for results.

edit:

test results are negative
    Last edited by swamidog; 08-23-2021 at 18:01.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Good to know, Ryan. And thanks for sharing your information. Even though it's pretty clear now that SELEM wasn't a factor, it's still nice to know that you were willing to share everything right from the start. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery!

One point I'd like to make about the Delta variant: the mRNA vaccines *are* effective at preventing this version of the virus, with the caveat that they are about 7 to 10 % less effective compared to the original (alpha) variant, and that their effectiveness decreases with time. (This is why many countries are recommending a third shot be given 6 months after your 2nd dose.)

And yes, no vaccine is perfect, so you can still get COVID even with a vaccine, but your prognosis is MUCH better if you are vaccinated. Also, it is possible to spread COVID to someone else even if you have been vaccinated. (You may not have any symptoms because the vaccine is helping, but you can still pass it on.) So masks are always a good idea in public.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Even though it's pretty clear now that SELEM wasn't a factor, it's still nice to know that you were willing to share everything right from the start. Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery!
    Thanks Shes doing good it's her second time around and went back to work today!

And it was our good buddy Chris who encouraged me to post on here, even after my negative test, out of an abundance of caution
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com