Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: EtherDream2 3 Fault help~~~

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default EtherDream2 3 Fault help~~~

    Hello

    I'm very happy to use this product. It's great

    The 'etherdream2' that I used before had a problem, so I bought five 'etherdream3'

    But now there are two problems that need to be solved. I'm looking for your help

    I want to use a fixed IP address, so I set up an "IP. TXT",

    And wrote

    "ip 192.168.1.234

    netmask 255.255.255.0

    gateway 192.168.1.1"

    , but I found that it failed and could not be booted. After using the USB link again, I found that I could not read the file, read it as storage, and connect to the LAN to access the device. I think it should be unable to start normally

    2. After fault 1, I bought five more 'etherdream3', but they are not compatible with the previous ones. They can normally send data for 3-4 seconds (the device's white light), then the device's indicator light turns red (it should be turned off by myself), then turns blue, and then turns green. I can normally send data again, and then send data for 3-4 seconds, and then turns red, unable to receive data

    Asking for help

    thank you
    <a href="https://youtu.be/LM8EqqoHqhQ">

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Hmm :/ I will do some debugging. What software or library are you using to connect to the ED3?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1620965178.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	57927
    Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    Hmm :/ I will do some debugging. What software or library are you using to connect to the ED3?
    I'm glad to hear from you


    I tested it https://ether-dream.com/downloads-ed2.html Etherdream.dll for


    Also tested https://github.com/j4cbo/etherdream-driver Compiling etherdream.dll through vs2015


    I use "of" to write my own program to link the DLL. I confirm that etherdream2 was good before,


    I've also tested a lot of GitHub, developed by C #, which are automatically broken 3-5 seconds after linking to the DAC

    Maybe we can find a way to fix ED2 first
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1620965531(1).png 
Views:	1 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	57928
    Hope to get your help
    Last edited by lihaixu; 05-13-2021 at 20:14.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    215

    Default

    I've found an issue that can cause the Ether Dream 3 to crash on certain input and am working on debugging it further, but it'll take me a couple days. In the meantime - are you using an Ethernet cable directly to your computer (no Wi-Fi)?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    I've found an issue that can cause the Ether Dream 3 to crash on certain input and am working on debugging it further, but it'll take me a couple days. In the meantime - are you using an Ethernet cable directly to your computer (no Wi-Fi)?
    Hello!


    At present, the DAC is directly connected with the computer


    At the beginning, I used a router. Later, I suspected that there was too much transit data. I replaced it with a switch, but it still failed. Finally, I use direct connection now


    I speculate that the DAC will restart after failure (the indicator light turns red and then turns to the normal state (green)). Now I am reading the program of the dynamic link library (etherdream driver), trying to find the data structure to send / receive data, the data transmission protocol with the firmware, simulate their transmission, and locate the problem


    What needs testing, I can do my best to help


    There will be some markets on my side. After that, I will also purchase for a long time. I hope to have long-term contact information


    thank youClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1620970181(1).png 
Views:	34 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	57929
    Last edited by lihaixu; 05-13-2021 at 22:42.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Apologies for the long delay. I've found and fixed one bug that might have been causing the crash you're seeing - can you update the firmware by downloading https://ether-dream.com/ed3.elf and replacing the file on the Ether Dream with it? Make sure to eject / "safely remove hardware" before disconnecting.

    Let me know if that helps?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    Apologies for the long delay. I've found and fixed one bug that might have been causing the crash you're seeing - can you update the firmware by downloading https://ether-dream.com/ed3.elf and replacing the file on the Ether Dream with it? Make sure to eject / "safely remove hardware" before disconnecting.

    Let me know if that helps?
    Hello!


    I'm glad you've solved this problem. I'm looking forward to it


    But now there are three problems


    1. Is the updated firmware common to ED2 and ED3


    2. After linking ED2, I pop up "USB device not recognized". Now I am using win10 "Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.19042.985]". I have tried to replace several PCs, and I have also tried five ed3, but there is no way to link them


    3. I have an ED2 at present. I can write firmware before, but after I write an "ip.txt", there is a failure. The details are as follows: video


    If it is convenient, please help me repair ED2, or send ED3 driver to me


    Thank You~~~~
    Last edited by lihaixu; 05-17-2021 at 19:22.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    Apologies for the long delay. I've found and fixed one bug that might have been causing the crash you're seeing - can you update the firmware by downloading https://ether-dream.com/ed3.elf and replacing the file on the Ether Dream with it? Make sure to eject / "safely remove hardware" before disconnecting.

    Let me know if that helps?

    Asking for help


    Ed3 cannot be linked, ED2 cannot be started

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Hm, I think the next thing is to try putting the devices in recovery mode. Use a paper clip or similar to connect between pins 24 and 25 of the output ILDA connector (bottom row, the two pins on the left side). Then apply power, and very quickly remove the paper clip. Like this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rKstaLPai6TK81eE7

    The same procedure will work to put the ED3 in recovery mode, but for the ED3 the light will just stay red.

    Then delete the files on the ether dream disk drive, replace the firmware, and "safely remove hardware".

    The firmware is different between ED2 and ED3. For ED2 use https://ether-dream.com/ed2.fw , for ED3 use https://ether-dream.com/ed3.elf .

    Can you attach (preferably in a .zip or .rar) the ip.txt file you are using?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    Hm, I think the next thing is to try putting the devices in recovery mode. Use a paper clip or similar to connect between pins 24 and 25 of the output ILDA connector (bottom row, the two pins on the left side). Then apply power, and very quickly remove the paper clip. Like this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rKstaLPai6TK81eE7

    The same procedure will work to put the ED3 in recovery mode, but for the ED3 the light will just stay red.

    Then delete the files on the ether dream disk drive, replace the firmware, and "safely remove hardware".

    The firmware is different between ED2 and ED3. For ED2 use https://ether-dream.com/ed2.fw , for ED3 use https://ether-dream.com/ed3.elf .

    Can you attach (preferably in a .zip or .rar) the ip.txt file you are using?


    I tried the operation, in ED2, can read to the storage device, very good


    I try to "replace the existing ED2. FW with the one you extracted."


    However, after deleting "ED2. FW", there is always a 0kb "ED2. FW" reappearing. I can't copy the new firmware to the storage device


    I continue to try ed3 operation (24 / 25 temporary short circuit), it is still unable to be recognized by my computer, unable to read the storage device


    Ask for help. Thank you very much

    ip.txt
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yrg...ew?usp=sharing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •