Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage show laser coherent innova 70

Very cool to see old gear running.

I noticed that above the large circle mirror there seems to be an RC car servo. Also inside the control box on the back panel there is a microphone on the pcb for sound active, with wire running to the potentiometer labeled "5" on the front panel. Audio gain adjust?

In the picture of the I70 shooting into the the scanner box, what is the beige plastic thing propping up the I70? It says DATABEAM and has what look like serial #s written on it. Is this a parallel port dongle to activate the software?

Also, on the left pcb there is text silkscreened that says GJ 1987. G is out of focus and may be some other letter. This might help someone recall who made this.

Can you post a pic of the back of the controller and the back of the PC?

Keep the updates coming. You should post more closeup pics and all of the documents you have. Maybe someone can translate them to English and someone might recognize something that can help more.

Hope you can get it running properly again.
    Eric in New Orleans

Hello Guys,

Nice to hear that you like my project. I hope that I'm able to get it running back again.
    Part by part I learn more about "the machine".

So back; There is a computer with a MS DOS program to choose figurs. I've put some pictures with the list of possibilities.
    From the comuter a printercable is goning to the black interface box. With the potentio buttons on teh front you are able to move also some mirror according to the sketch I found, see picture. I tried to search some number on the internet and indeed you find them, but what you can do with it hahaha. I'm not an electricien hahah.

From this box a big multicable is going to the laser flightcase. In this case we've got the laser itself, a little another interface box see pictures. So the big multicable is splitted to this litle box en goes with the cables on top to the scannerbox, the other part of the multi cable is going directly tot the scanner box.

I've tried to made some more pictures of the scanner box.

Hope that somebody sees more.

Everything reaction is nice.

Thanx in advance.

Maybe I stupiud question but were are the most members are living?

Kind regards,

Fenne de JOng
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5737.jpg  

IMG_5738.JPG  

IMG_5739.JPG  

IMG_5740.JPG  

IMG_5741.JPG  

IMG_5742.JPG  

IMG_5743.JPG  

IMG_5744.JPG  

IMG_5745.JPG  

IMG_5746.JPG  

IMG_5747.JPG  

IMG_5748.JPG  

IMG_5751.JPG  

IMG_5752.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by djeric68 View Post
    Very cool to see old gear running.

I noticed that above the large circle mirror there seems to be an RC car servo. Also inside the control box on the back panel there is a microphone on the pcb for sound active, with wire running to the potentiometer labeled "5" on the front panel. Audio gain adjust? Yes it is a rc car servo, and it is correct that pot meter 5 is speed music.

In the picture of the I70 shooting into the the scanner box, what is the beige plastic thing propping up the I70? It says DATABEAM and has what look like serial #s written on it. Is this a parallel port dongle to activate the software? In what picture you see this? You mean the grey plastic part on the bottom. If you mean this, this is a little flash light.

Also, on the left pcb there is text silkscreened that says GJ 1987. G is out of focus and may be some other letter. This might help someone recall who made this. Where did you saw this?

Can you post a pic of the back of the controller and the back of the PC? I will make tommorow some more detailed pictures of the parts.

Keep the updates coming. You should post more closeup pics and all of the documents you have. Maybe someone can translate them to English and someone might recognize something that can help more. OK i will do it. If i need to translate something no problem.

Hope you can get it running properly again.
    Eric also thanx for your reaction. See my reaction in red above.

Kind regards,

Fenne
    Netherlands

Here is what I was talking about....looking again I think it might be the date 03-1987.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

Untitled2.png  

Eric in New Orleans

Hi Eric,

Correct the first one is a date and the second picture is a old flashlight what I found beneath the laser.

I've made also some pictures of the back of the computer and black interface box. Also of another print of the interface box with the text ANAREL V2. But I tried to search that on the internet but also no hits.

Now I'm busy with a IT guy who is looking at the software and a more modern computer to send the signals to the interface box.

Nice evening

Kind regards.

Fenne de Jong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5727.JPG  

IMG_5760.JPG  

IMG_5761.JPG  

IMG_5762.JPG  

IMG_5763.JPG  

IMG_5764.JPG  

The connector labeled "touch panel" was probably to connect to an analog 0-10v lighting controller like this Vintage Night Club Lighting: Pulsar Programmable Touch Panel II Controller to activate the solenoids and effects.
    Eric in New Orleans

Hello,

Sorry for my late update. I've got it a little busy at the moment.

Erik, did they use more often a touchpanel like that or are ther other ones form that time?

In the meanwhile I've tried to make an eletric scheme of the cables form te interface to the scanner box. the next thing what I want to do is the same for the cables in the interface box.

Regards

Fenne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5782[1].JPG  

Hello Fenne,

As one from the old school, this looks like an old Z80 laser media clone cpu and/or Laser Images system. There are still peeps out there that can help you with the G20 scanners, drivers, etc. I can email you contact info on them old dinosaurs and provide a .pdf copy of the Coherent Innova-70 operators manual.

U Rock !

LD

www.LaserDude.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaserDude View Post
    Hello Fenne,

As one from the old school, this looks like an old Z80 laser media clone cpu and/or Laser Images system. There are still peeps out there that can help you with the G20 scanners, drivers, etc. I can email you contact info on them old dinosaurs and provide a .pdf copy of the Coherent Innova-70 operators manual.

U Rock !

LD

www.LaserDude.com
    I really doubt laser images...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Hello LD,

Can you tell me more about those systems?

I'm now a little bit further. I sorted out what mirrors are driven by the pc en which one via the touchpanel. And all the mirrors are functioning. I bougt a zero88 touchpanel and hopefully I can control the mirrors which are located with touchpanel on the back of the interface.

So Update list:
    - Coherent laser is working --> Done and working
    - Check function of all mirror --> Done and working
    - Making cable to connect the zero88 with the interface to control those mirrors related to the touchpanel.
    - Working pc in relation to the mirror --> difficult , don't know the exact software and a lot of floppy has a dos virus.

I hop the last two step will be solved to, than this vintage laser system should be working

Thanx a lot for your reaction.

Kind regards,

Fenne

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaserDude View Post
    Hello Fenne,

U Rock !

LD

www.LaserDude.com