Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Argon Toshiba LHI-106D

Question Argon Toshiba LHI-106D, with no power source

Greetings, noble and kind laser makers!

Once upon a time i saved a argon laser from the storage dismantling site. it was just stored in the box covered by garbage and with "Laser" writings on above. I stole this box to my home Cuz things like that not supose to be recycled like a stupid trash... In my opinion. And yes, laser was inside! Woohoo, Toshiba LHI-106D, it power cord, with deflector and photomultiplicator, covered by a lot of cotton balls.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IdVsmjl.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	544.3 KB 
ID:	57984 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kFABG7i.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	57985 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C83gEvR.jpeg 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	57986

I tryed to ask Toshiba QA about specs of it with no any result. They do not share any info about tech specs but they told about this kind of lasers are used in the CTP machines to cure the offset plates for printing.

Any roll over the web does nothing usefull. I found some info at the german laser forum where at the 2009 one guy bought same laser at the eBay and tryed to set'em work too. But im not in the german lang so many information at the whole 16 pages are pretty awkwrded and all pictures and links are broken

But im not surrender and i want to let this veteran of the war raise up again and share it bleeding blue ray again.
    As i know already argon laser very intolerate to the experimentation with a voltage and currents and you must be pretty accurate with a warming set and cathode/anode powering or you will lost your tube pretty fast.
    May be you people can share any info about it or may have any experience about this laser.
    I will be vry glad to hear your words!

Name:	6voqet8.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	57987 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kqolPEO.jpeg 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	57988 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nwqtScV.jpeg 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	57989 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qZOOEea.jpeg 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	57990

Deflector, if i understand well:

Name:	XQDZPWZ.jpeg 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	57991 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8qp8KAr.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	57992

This guy looks pretty unused:

Name:	2okf5cS.jpeg 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	57993
    Last edited by Methelina; 05-20-2021 at 08:44.
    Best regards,
    Linda

Discord: Linda#7591

The AOM is an acoustic optical modulator. There must be a second piece with the deflection selection crystals. Interesting device. So I read over the first couple pages of the German site and it seems they are thinking it’s an alc-60 tube. I disagree it looks nothing like that. Then they talk about a couple other tubes and operation voltages etc. really I don’t think they know.

there are more informed folks that will jump in on the ion stuff. I am unsure what the device was used for. 10 channel aom is unique.

later on they do get it up and running using an alc60 power supply. I just copied and pasted into goggle translate.

yea sorry I dug deep and struck out on this one
    Last edited by kecked; 05-21-2021 at 06:20.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    The AOM is an acoustic optical modulator. There must be a second piece with the deflection selection crystals. Interesting device. So I read over the first couple pages of the German site and it seems they are thinking it’s an alc-60 tube. I disagree it looks nothing like that. Then they talk about a couple other tubes and operation voltages etc. really I don’t think they know.

there are more informed folks that will jump in on the ion stuff. I am unsure what the device was used for. 10 channel aom is unique.

later on they do get it up and running using an alc60 power supply. I just copied and pasted into goggle translate.

yea sorry I dug deep and struck out on this one
    Thx a lot for your contribution! I Absolutely agreed with you about ALC-60. This tube mostly looks alike LHI-2314XE that was described by Sam

Name:	to14-1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	58004
    ...than a ALC-60 tube.

But at the latest pages on the german forum i tryed to restore the broken .pdf link from Web-Archive and i have find a ArgonPSU.pdf with a editions made by forum member... It can be a proper psu schematic but it named alc-60x and can be a raw scheme of alc-60 and not a remastered version for my LHI-106D but i really don't know how close it is to the real workings props... I wont to have fun with a berillum fumes at my home

My friend Laserbuilder told me about man named MixedGas that a god of argon lasers here and might he knows the truth about how to power this tube without pain and tears

Btw, what about aom can it be used in some way without extra part you told before?

P.S.: it have a crystal here XD

Name:	1621613453-qeu1ldfy9g8.jpg 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	58005

Close to the end of the german topic looks alike they let it work... But all pictures are broken links and i pretty lost in their speech about How they did it and random things they talking betwixt
    Last edited by Methelina; 05-21-2021 at 08:14.
    Best regards,
    Linda

Ages ago I worked on pre-press equipment that used Spectra Physics air cooled argon lasers. Later ALC60's were used, and I think even a Siemens Laser showed up even later. Unless I totally confused the ALC-60 would run with the Spectra Physics power supplies. Though the lasers might have been special ordered to be cross compatible...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Methelina View Post
    Thx a lot for your contribution! I Absolutely agreed with you about ALC-60. This tube mostly looks alike LHI-2314XE that was described by Sam

Name:	to14-1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	58004
    ...than a ALC-60 tube.

But at the latest pages on the german forum i tryed to restore the broken .pdf link from Web-Archive and i have find a ArgonPSU.pdf with a editions made by forum member... It can be a proper psu schematic but it named alc-60x and can be a raw scheme of alc-60 and not a remastered version for my LHI-106D but i really don't know how close it is to the real workings props... I wont to have fun with a berillum fumes at my home

My friend Laserbuilder told me about man named MixedGas that a god of argon lasers here and might he knows the truth about how to power this tube without pain and tears

Btw, what about aom can it be used in some way without extra part you told before?

P.S.: it have a crystal here XD

Name:	1621613453-qeu1ldfy9g8.jpg 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	58005

Close to the end of the german topic looks alike they let it work... But all pictures are broken links and i pretty lost in their speech about How they did it and random things they talking betwixt
    that is only the driver. That powers the aom crystal. I don’t see anything like the crystal in the pictures. Yes mixedgas Ie steve is amazing. He lives nearby me. I’ll let him know someone is looking for him.

that is only the driver. That powers the aom crystal. I don’t see anything like the crystal in the pictures. Yes mixedgas Ie steve is amazing. He lives nearby me. I’ll let him know someone is looking for him.
    Ahh i see, in this way the AOM part looks like an unbelievable expensive useless masterpiece XD

Wow, it will be great if you let him know about this post, thx a lot!
    Best regards,
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Ages ago I worked on pre-press equipment that used Spectra Physics air cooled argon lasers. Later ALC60's were used, and I think even a Siemens Laser showed up even later. Unless I totally confused the ALC-60 would run with the Spectra Physics power supplies. Though the lasers might have been special ordered to be cross compatible...
    Hope you're right, it will be awesome if i just make my own ALC's PSU and run my LHI on it
    Best regards,
    Linda

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm working sound on a friend's wedding rehearsal.
    I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I have the Toshiba AO drivers and a multitude of ways of generating
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'm working sound on a friend's wedding rehearsal.
    I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I have the Toshiba AO drivers and a multitude of ways of generating
    Ohhh Gosh, thx a lot!!! It will be awesome! Btw, happy wedding time to you!
    Best regards,
    Linda

that is only the driver. That powers the aom crystal. I don’t see anything like the crystal in the pictures...
    Oops, i thought that's is it crystall... TBH i never looked on the real AOM before, so dont kick me hard
    Best regards,
    Linda