Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Argon Toshiba LHI-106D

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thank you for the books, nothing new in Gas Laser Power Supply, but a pleasure to look at some alternative constructions. However Drawings in YAG book are of many of the systems I serviced while working for the Lithuanian Company in the US. That will answer the pulse compression question.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Thank you for the books, nothing new in Gas Laser Power Supply, but a pleasure to look at some alternative constructions. However Drawings in YAG book are of many of the systems I serviced while working for the Lithuanian Company in the US. That will answer the pulse compression question.

Steve
    Bwahaha, I see! All for your pleasure maestro! Tovarish Steve!

When I will have a proper amount of time and capacitance sum I will a make SS Laser from Nd glass from the scratch. But I don't really know will it be interesting for this forum or not
    Best regards,
    Linda

Discord: Linda#7591

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=Methelina;357098]Bwahaha, I see! All for your pleasure maestro! Tovarish Steve!

MY icon is a baby 9 nanosecond, 10 milliJoule Nd:YAG that lives with me. ND:Glass has low rep rate. Unless you want huge amounts of peak power, you might find YAG more to your liking. However former CCCP favored ND:Glass as it is easy to grow and cheap. It also has more gain-bandwidth, making it easier to use in an amplifier chain.

ND is easier then Gas to lase.. Far easier.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

[QUOTE=mixedgas;357099]
    Quote Originally Posted by Methelina View Post
    Bwahaha, I see! All for your pleasure maestro! Tovarish Steve!

MY icon is a baby 9 nanosecond, 10 milliJoule Nd:YAG that lives with me. ND:Glass has low rep rate. Unless you want huge amounts of peak power, you might find YAG more to your liking. However former CCCP favored ND:Glass as it is easy to grow and cheap. It also has more gain-bandwidth, making it easier to use in an amplifier chain.

ND is easier then Gas to lase.. Far easier.

Steve
    Yeah its true, my first steps in lasering was a SS lasers. The Argon one was a sudden project initiated by an unpredictable gift of the fortune And yeah I want to make a hole-blasting single pulse SS laser from the glass that I have, it's 130x9mm that mean about 500J for the initialising. It will have about 1J of a ray-power in my opinion.

Btw, can you show your baby-Nd laser a lil closer?
    Last edited by Methelina; 05-28-2021 at 14:49.
    Best regards,
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    that is only the driver. That powers the aom crystal. I don’t see anything like the crystal in the pictures. Yes mixedgas Ie steve is amazing. He lives nearby me. I’ll let him know someone is looking for him.
    Are you sure that isn't the AOM crystal with the wires running to it? It sure looks like one. In the video there is a coating on it and it looks like the piezo is glued onto the crystal... the wires run right to the piezo which is attached to the crystal. The circuit board only looks passive filters: adjustable capacitors with an inductor for each channel (unless there are active components under the board).

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Are you sure that isn't the AOM crystal with the wires running to it? It sure looks like one. In the video there is a coating on it and it looks like the piezo is glued onto the crystal... the wires run right to the piezo which is attached to the crystal. The circuit board only looks passive filters: adjustable capacitors with an inductor for each channel (unless there are active components under the board).
    Yeah, absolutely agreed! I think its a true 10ch AOM, but mr. Steve still not share some info about how to deal with this kind of AOMs, as he told before
    Best regards,
    Linda

Typically you would feed a RF signal into each of the channels. That in turn drives a piezo element that is bonded to the surface of the crystal. The RF signal turns into a acoustic wave in the crystal and the crystal changes index of refraction depending on where the peak and trough of the wave are. You might be able to figure out what frequencies it operated at using the values of the capacitors and inductors in the filter that attaches to the piezo.

I also found this neat document explaining the operation of AOMs: http://www.jila1.nickersonm.com/pape...Modulators.pdf

I do not know what voltage to feed it.

If you look at this web page that shows a single channel AOM open it looks very similar to what you have (crystal and filter): https://www.findlight.net/blog/2017/...tic-modulator/

Typically you would feed a RF signal into each of the channels. That in turn drives a piezo element that is bonded to the surface of the crystal. The RF signal turns into a acoustic wave in the crystal and the crystal changes index of refraction depending on where the peak and trough of the wave are. You might be able to figure out what frequencies it operated at using the values of the capacitors and inductors in the filter that attaches to the piezo.

I also found this neat document explaining the operation of AOMs: http://www.jila1.nickersonm.com/pape...Modulators.pdf

I do not know what voltage to feed it.

If you look at this web page that shows a single channel AOM open it looks very similar to what you have (crystal and filter): https://www.findlight.net/blog/2017/...tic-modulator/
    Yeah, i know how they work but the problem is what kind of signal, voltage, freq and so on. Fir the every aom need their own pulse forming network as a proper driver. Just sending a random rf signal will not work on my opinion.
    Best regards,
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Methelina View Post
    Yeah, i know how they work but the problem is what kind of signal, voltage, freq and so on. Fir the every aom need their own pulse forming network as a proper driver. Just sending a random rf signal will not work on my opinion.
    You are light years ahead of me. I just know the very simple basics. I would just look into an existing driver for a single channel and try that. I imagine running 10 channels will have some complexity to it however. Should it not function as a single channel AOM as well?

You are light years ahead of me. I just know the very simple basics. I would just look into an existing driver for a single channel and try that. I imagine running 10 channels will have some complexity to it however. Should it not function as a single channel AOM as well?
    If i understand well this aom was used to form a deflected way of ray into the half-round cavity to cure the ctp-offset plates in the ctp machine. I think it will be a pretty hard task to make it work
    Best regards,
    Linda