Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a dot HEB file

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default What is a dot HEB file

any ideas on this file format, is it an open format? Is there an explanation or structue somewhere?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Sorry, I intended to speak of the one used by Laserworld and Other Members of the mainly German part of the European Laser Community.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Sorry, I intended to speak of the one used by Laserworld and Other Members of the mainly German part of the European Laser Community.

Steve
    HE laser scan file? I remember seeing an HEB file way early on when I first got into this hobby but I don't have a clue now. Aging sucks.

Just out of curiosity have you tried opening it in different browsers? They can handle all kinds of weird stuff these days.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Does this look like something other then Laser Art, James? No, they do not open properly in any of three browsers...

See attached... They come out of the HE Laserscan / Laserworld Show-editor realm.

These are freeware by an Artist named MobileDisco…

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laserworld  HE Laserscan Question.png  

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Does this look like something other then Laser Art, James? No, they do not open properly in any of three browsers...

See attached... They come out of the HE Laserscan / Laserworld Show-editor realm.

These are freeware by an Artist named MobileDisco…

Steve
    Would you mind sending me one? I don't care which one. I am just curious to take a look. If you are ok with it you can send to support@hingednewt.com

Thanks

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

https://www.showeditor.com/en/tutori...e-problem.html

This indicates to me that "figures" are their format that is the equivalent of ilda files and that they are probably compressed and encrypted. The running app probably actively manages the license and encryption scheme.

A "show" is much more than just a set of "figures". What is the context that you got these heb files?

Something else that caught my eye:

"On ILDA export, there are six different options for the ILDA standard format to be chosen. Standard is 5, so it's highly recommended to use that one unless problems occur."

"six" ??? Hmmmmmmmm.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I opened up a few of their files with a binary editor and there is a definitely a pattern to them. I don't think they are encrypted but they don't look like straight RGB data, either. Could be vector data, with anchor points, ... or something completely different. If I had their app and knew what the images looked like when drawn I bet I could make sense of them. Might be fun on a rainy day.