Thread: Cheapest US legal ILDA rgb laser projector

Default Cheapest US legal ILDA rgb laser projector

I am a first time buyer. Im looking to spend around 500$ total if thats possible. Can I get up and running connected to a PC for that price? I want it to be compliant with us fda laws.

Any advice or ideas where to look? I know about goldenstar but not sure what to buy
    Last edited by PyroDeviant; 07-01-2021 at 21:05.

Default Save up some more!!

USD 500,- will not get you starting. You will need more than just the projector. A good software with matching DAC will set you back USD 250-450,-. ILDA cable and stop switch etc will set you back another USD 50,-. Laserbeams does not work unless you have some fog, so a good fogger is also something you need. I seem to recall that you also need a personal variance as an operator in the US, and that comes with a cost as well.

It is always tempting to start with the projector it self and go from there.

If your plan is to use the laser(s) at events and make some money, get the right stuff the first time, even if it means saving up more money. Also , beams are cheaper than graphics when it comes to the projector, as shooting beams does not require the same perfomance when it comes to Galvo-speed and beam-divergence. What is your plan when it comes to usage. Indoor or Outdoor?

Goldenstar have really good projectors, but they come without a US variance if bought from China. I seem to remember that one member are selling GS PJ`s with a variance, but i don`t remember his name. There might be someone in here knowing and chime in.

Save up 2K and you can get started with a good setup.

/Datsurb
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Wink about variance

able is the only laser manufacture in china which has fda variance approved

Quote Originally Posted by PyroDeviant View Post
    I am a first time buyer. Im looking to spend around 500$ total if thats possible. Can I get up and running connected to a PC for that price? I want it to be compliant with us fda laws.

Any advice or ideas where to look? I know about goldenstar but not sure what to buy
    You can probably get started for around $500. You will have to do the variance yourself though. Not impossible and a good learning experience.

Get a 1 Watt V-Show projector. $390? or so. These can be found from Ali-Express and Amazon (occasionally). They have a Remote Interlock connector. You will need to make your own E-Stop switch (NC Normally Closed variety). You can find them on Amazon.

For controlling the projector get a Helios USB DAC and LaserShowGen. $100 for the DAC and $30 for the software. https://bitlasers.com/

The key is to do your own variance and make sure your equipment is up to spec. (I am looking into this myself). You should do your own research into this and make sure it is possible before investing any money. If you just want to use it at home then take you do not need the variance however there could be some import issues however I have not experienced this. Aliexpress seems to indicate you can have it shipped from the US and when I purchased the projectors from Amazon they came from the US.

Que more advice and comments.