Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omnichrome Umbilical

Quote Originally Posted by macona View Post
    OK, thats fine. Let me get it packed up and PM me your address.

I dont really have a whole lot of interest in light shows, mostly do the industrial stuff. Plus on wrong side of the country.

-Jerry

Thanks! PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by macona View Post
    I dont really have a whole lot of interest in light shows, mostly do the industrial stuff.
    SELEM isn't just about light shows. It's about lasers of all kinds, and beyond that, we have a lot of other things going on that have little to nothing to do with lasers.

Most of all, though, SELEM is a social event. It's a chance to connect with people who share a common passion: we all dig lasers! So don't think that you will feel out of place just because you don't work in the entertainment sector.

We have members who show up at SELEM and spend the entire week in the ion laser work room, setting up and tweaking various old-school lasers. We've even had a few laserscopes in that space over the years.

Plus on wrong side of the country.
    Yeah, that part sucks. It's definitely a haul from the west coast, especially if you need to bring any gear with you. But you can often find cheap deals on flights (especially flying Southwest), so keep that in mind for future events.

I'm sure if you chat with anyone who's been to SELEM before, they will tell you that it is an amazing event.

Adam

Default We Have Photons!

Thanks Jerry (macona)!

The little Omnichrome 532 now works. It has been sitting for a few years and started up with only a few minutes of waiting. Current draw is a little on the high side for the output however it could be just dirty or out of alignment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14509[1].jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	58205

Nice. Yeah. Try walking the mirror mounts a bit and see if that helps and then try cleaning the brewsters and cavity optics.