Thread: Anyone in Sydney, Australia ?

Default Anyone in Sydney, Australia ?

Hi, I知 new to Lasers and looking for advice and hands on instruction regarding theory and building. Is there anyone in Sydney able to help please ?
    Thank you, Brett.

Welcome to PhotonLexicon, Brett!

If you are looking for fellow laserists in Sydney, you might want to send PMs to pewtifal and tr1xta. They both recently joined the forums, and they both hail from Sydney. Perhaps the three of you can get together for lunch somewhere and make plans for a LEM (Laser Enthusiast's Meeting) sometime in the future.

I know we have other Aussie members here, and it's likely that at least some of them are close enough to Sydney that they'd be interested in attending a LEM.

Adam

Hey Brett,

I'm pretty new here also. It's good to see a few Aussies around.
    I'm fairly new to building lasers but have owned and loved them since I was a kid.

Anything is particular you wanted some help with? I'm more than happy to help if I can!

Cheers
    Buttons were made to be pushed!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You might want to say hello to the folks at LaserVision Australia, from what I remember of meeting them way back when, they were friendly.
    But everybody is wonderfully friendly at an ILDA conference party, generally.

I will say it pays to know your competitors some times. Especially if you get offered a gig that is too big for you, Or, if your the local hobbyist and they need evenings and weekends crew in an emergency.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up Adam. I値l contact those people and see what happens. Thank you, Brett.

Hi Tr1xTA, I知 part of a medical startup looking to right some wrongs with medical treatments. Anyway if you池e free to chat please email me or text me at Psyrex.medical@gmail.com or 04168 04168.

Mixed gas, I値l contact Laservision Australia and see if they can help out. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, it all helps, some forums just have the right people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 070C15CF-C570-4876-A7F4-06A707D0BDA3.jpeg  

Last edited by Psyrex; 11-11-2021 at 00:29.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

That changes things to a large well funded research group at Macquarie University. Not medical per se, but they develop lasers with alternative medical wavelengths.

Check your PMs.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-11-2021 at 11:43.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

There's a man somewhere down under who has had an interest in lasers with a YT channel, you might leave comment there to see if he knows. He's a laser diode hobbyist.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ...2JRzkDcTY4ufdQ
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Hey Brett

Myself and Steviobee are both in Sydney as well (Rozelle and Balmain)
    We occasionally get together and set the laser up in the back yard for a photon fix.

More than happy to catch up, help out.

If your starting out I have a heap of laser parts/modules some of which is looking for a new home.
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Hey ate, sorry I haven't been on much lately. Have a few issues with some of my optics and mounts and a few other so just waiting till they're replaced.

If its specifically medical lasers, I've really had no experience with them but I'm always wanting to earn more.
    I actually live within a 5 minute walk from Macquarie Uni. Talk of a coincidence.
    Buttons were made to be pushed!