Thread: Abstracts...my Way :-)

Default Abstracts...my Way :-)

Hello,

Abstracts are not as popular here in Germany as beamshows and also I have not invested
    much time in Dynamics to change the existing one.
    Like all LDS derivatives also Dynamics has the Lissajous - Generator
    as originally programmed by Lennart Wietzke.
    But I think few people really understood it.
    So I looked for another way to create similar figures.
    Loop events would have been one way but also a prism function works.
    If you look into it a bit more you will find many more possibilities.

http://www.mylaserpage.de/Dynamics/V...FrameBased.mp4
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

If you are interested in abstracts generated by math, you should check out LaserBoy Liquid Math.

https://laserboy.org/LLM.txt

It is a script language that allows you to use LaserBoy Oscillators as function objects in an animated 3D vector art (function graphing) calculator.

It's sort of like an emulation of an analog abstract console.

Here are some example videos. Not all of this is Liquid Math, but most of it is.

https://laserboy.org/mp4/

There is also a script language for rendering animated vector fonts.

The LaserBoy zip comes with documentation and example text files that you can open and render in the LaserBoy application and also read in any plain text editor.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Hello James,
    I am of course familiar with the mathematical principles of Lissajous.
    The theoretical possibilities to influence the oscillators are almost infinite. I think I just have to try a bit more what makes sense and what not.
    I am a little over 50 years old and I have given my first Lissajous generator from a 2mW HeNe laser
    and 2 DC motors a mirror adjustment similar to the linkage of a tail rotor of a helicopter :-)

But to generate "nice" figures it needs a bit more than 2 phase shifted sine - signals.
    Realtime offers so many possibilities in the generation of the base frame, Surfaces, DrawIn/Out, movements etc..
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Hello James,
    I am of course familiar with the mathematical principles of Lissajous.
    The theoretical possibilities to influence the oscillators are almost infinite. I think I just have to try a bit more what makes sense and what not.
    I am a little over 50 years old and I have given my first Lissajous generator from a 2mW HeNe laser
    and 2 DC motors a mirror adjustment similar to the linkage of a tail rotor of a helicopter :-)

But to generate "nice" figures it needs a bit more than 2 phase shifted sine - signals.
    Realtime offers so many possibilities in the generation of the base frame, Surfaces, DrawIn/Out, movements etc..
    Hi Guido.

Well, I just turned 57 and I have been exploring parametric line equations to make interesting art for more than 40 years.

Liquid Math is a culmination of all of my experience and quite frankly a lifetime achievement.

It's a way for others to explore this space that has an interface. It does not require editing the equations as part of the program's code. It does not require understanding C++ (although that is helpful). It does not require compiling the code to run the equations.

It does require some imagination.

But it can also give you a much better understanding of how periodic functions can be used to make 3D line-art math sculptures.

Laser display is nice, but it's also a lot of fun to just use the LaserBoy application to explore and view the art you can make within it (in full color animated 3D).
    Last edited by james; 11-23-2021 at 12:53.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Guido, That is really cool looking. Thanks for the video explaining it in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Hello,

Abstracts are not as popular here in Germany as beamshows and also I have not invested
    much time in Dynamics to change the existing one.
    Like all LDS derivatives also Dynamics has the Lissajous - Generator
    as originally programmed by Lennart Wietzke.
    But I think few people really understood it.
    So I looked for another way to create similar figures.
    Loop events would have been one way but also a prism function works.
    If you look into it a bit more you will find many more possibilities.

www.mylaserpage.de/Dynamics/Videos/Abstracts_FrameBased.mp4

No Problem, more Videos (most in German ) are to find on vimeo.com.
    Search for "mylaserpage"
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Using a software development service will also help your business grow faster with https://mlsdev.com/blog/top-custom-s...ment-companies. By developing custom-designed software, you can ensure that it is compatible with the hardware in your business. Moreover, custom-built software will take into account your current hardware capabilities, and will not require additional hardware to run your new application. In addition, if you're starting a new business, you should consider hiring a software development company that offers this type of service.
    Last edited by markspero; 12-22-2021 at 03:39.

If you can get your hands on a Radiator by Captain Neon for live abstract work, I would highly recommend it.
    Will there be three phase!!!!