Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microcontroller programming

Laser Warning microcontroller programming

hi can you help me to reboot microcontroller gd32f103rct6 from sd card on chip of
    this laser?

Hi,

I think you will need to rephrase/rewrite your request description. I do not know what you mean "Reboot the microcontrolller from the SD card". Do you mean reprogram the controller or do you mean you want to reset the controller (start executing from the beginning of the program) or something else?

Here is the info page / datasheet for the controller if that is the correct part #: https://www.gigadevice.com/microcontroller/gd32f103rct6/

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Hi,

I think you will need to rephrase/rewrite your request description. I do not know what you mean "Reboot the microcontrolller from the SD card". Do you mean reprogram the controller or do you mean you want to reset the controller (start executing from the beginning of the program) or something else?

Here is the info page / datasheet for the controller if that is the correct part #: https://www.gigadevice.com/microcontroller/gd32f103rct6/

yes i want to reset microcontroller , i download firmware and data shit it say that i can boot ic from 3 way but I do not know how to do this

can you help me that how can i reset microcontroller from sd card?

Power off - wait - power on

One of the three switches? The one on the lower right by the capacitor would be my guess, but none should do damage.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

You can probably pull the reset pin low... short it to Ground. Pin 7 is labeled NRST. Which usually is a pull it low to reset input. It is hooked up to an RC delay that holds it low until the power is stable. To double check put a multimeter on the VIA connected to the 10k resistor in the picture connected to the reset trace. To reset connect the trace to ground. You can connect a momentary switch ground and output to the reset trace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmResetPin.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	540.7 KB 
ID:	58551

You can probably pull the reset pin low... short it to Ground. Pin 7 is labeled NRST. Which usually is a pull it low to reset input. It is hooked up to an RC delay that holds it low until the power is stable. To double check put a multimeter on the VIA connected to the 10k resistor in the picture connected to the reset trace. To reset connect the trace to ground. You can connect a momentary switch ground and output to the reset trace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmResetPin.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	540.7 KB 
ID:	58551
    thank you so much i do it tomarrow and I will announce the result to you please send me your watsapp number or send message to me 00989033153837

Just announce the results here. I am sure everyone is curious to know how it will work out.

Laser Warning

Just announce the results here. I am sure everyone is curious to know how it will work out.

i have a question before, if i reset microcontroller ,Will the program be deleted? becuase I do not want the program to be deleted , just i want reset that.

Quote Originally Posted by vinchenzo View Post
    i have a question before, if i reset microcontroller ,Will the program be deleted? becuase I do not want the program to be deleted , just i want reset that.
    No, the program should not be deleted. The reset pin just causes the microcontroller to start the bootloader/firmware again (what ever happens when the microcontroller is powered up). If you want to disable the microcontroller then you can just hold that pin low for as long as you want the controller to be disabled. It will be almost like turning the power on/off except the power is not interrupted.

Laser Warning

No, the program should not be deleted. The reset pin just causes the microcontroller to start the bootloader/firmware again (what ever happens when the microcontroller is powered up). If you want to disable the microcontroller then you can just hold that pin low for as long as you want the controller to be disabled. It will be almost like turning the power on/off except the power is not interrupted.
    this is problem of my laser . I have not reset microcontroller yet