Thread: LSX HELP

Laser Warning LSX HELP

Hi guys,

I need to export patterns into ILDA files, so I can upload these ILDA files to my laser SD card then I can trigger these patterns using DMX channel. But how to export ILDA files in LSX properly. There is an record to ILDA button. But this button doesn't work the way I want. Because ilda files this button generates are not working on the laser. And even when I import the exported ilda files into LSX, it just flickers and the length is not the same.

You could try exporting ILDA from LSX and then importing that into LaserBoy. From LaserBoy you can optimize it and export it as the right kind of ILDA format for SD card readers. You can also use LaserBoy to make original art and do animation effects.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Cool! But how to export from LSX?

Perhaps I misunderstood your post. I thought you were able to export to ILDA but it didn't work on the SD card. From my experience, SD card readers only read ILDA format 0 with an assumed 63 color default pallet. LaserBoy can import all ILDA formats and convert that to a best match to the default pallet format 0.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Look at your other thread:

https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...440#post358440

Right click in the black timeline area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LSX Save as ILD.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	58515

That way of exporting from LSX will give you the correct timing. You might have to convert the ILD file from that into the ILD format that your projector understands.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood your post. I thought you were able to export to ILDA but it didn't work on the SD card. From my experience, SD card readers only read ILDA format 0 with an assumed 63 color default pallet. LaserBoy can import all ILDA formats and convert that to a best match to the default pallet format 0.
    Sorry for hanging you there laser boy brother. I saw your youtube tutorials. And saw your old school white keyboard. I really love those kind of white keyboards. When I was 4 or 5, we used to have a similar keyboard at home. And that keyboard is the thing I wish it was here today. Brings me old good memories. Did you buy it recently or has this keyboard been with you over the years?

And I just read your "Either do or do not do. There is no undo!" text. Really funny