Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lessons

This is exactly why a banana duct taped to a wall sold for $120K.

There has always been an argument between those who see art as purely subjective and as a commodity and those who just see art.

The banana is a big fyck you, btw.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

There is actually a fairly new scientific field of research looking at art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroesthetics

This is the study of the effect of the perception of art on the structure of the human brain.

It is theorized that art is entirely created in the human brain to be shared with other human brains and that this kind of communication is what causes brain development.

The human brain is highly specialized in pattern recognition. All of human knowledge is pattern based. Math, language, all of it.

This field of study actually endeavors to answer that age old question: Is it art?

Researchers are measuring physiological responses to the perception and enjoyment of art and trying to qualify and quantify elements and aspects of it that make it so.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Picasso was thought to be inconceivable garbage by many people who would know these things.

If you look at a piece of art like the nails in the wall or whatever and you really hate it, you have had a passionate response to it.

What bathers me far more than this is the idea that it takes an MFA or a PhD to tell some people what art is. That's where the racket starts.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

This needs to go right here.

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

And maybe this:
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Life is too short to watch all of that. Maybe somewhere 3 minutes into that was a glimpse of a quip that made it worth watching to someone with more patience than I've ever had - but I'll never know because of the self indulgent crap that they felt they needed to setup their brilliance.
    Thus begs the question; What do you want from life?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

No doubt about it.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    See, I just do not understand how the obviousness of the banana thing escapes everyone.

It is just another gd peyronie's disease commercial and where else to encroach on peoples lives but art museums.

The tape is the glaring "can't keep it up?" statement so it is a double whammy of peyronie's disease and erectile disfunction.

It's so obvious, I'm just sayin'. (hey, I hear a Kansas song in the background "What's On My Mind".)

"... along with daily penile stretching and bending exercises Xiaflex has been proven to gradually reduce the bend."

Well, I think we should recruit Richard Simmons to spearhead the exercise video. Perhaps a new version of 'Sweating to the Oldies' would be in order.
    As Lawrence Welk would say: 'And a one-a and a two-a...'
    Last edited by dchammonds; 12-12-2021 at 19:38.

Perhaps after enough of that you too could have "a baby's arm holding an apple!"
    Last edited by james; 12-12-2021 at 19:55.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials