Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newcomer. Just a nod to others and a couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I saw you post this link in another thread and it prompted me to want to play around with it. It's really awesome stuff!
    Thanks!

I'd love to see what you can do with it. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

When you get tired of loosing hair just but an fb4 and be done with it.

Cool

well thanks guys. I haver looked at all of the software and hardware you have mentioned but i needed an opinion from people like you. People who use it, wrote it or lived it. I guess I didnt make a bad choice with my first hardware/software combo fb3 and beyond essentials. I do love the software but i'll admit I'm still learning. i have completed my first beamshow, a 12 min long pink floyd project I had always wanted to do since I first saw a laser. I'm sure that some of you that work in the industry might have been put off by the influx of cheap lasers and the idiots like me that followed, but to me it was a chance to do what i figured I would never get to do, because it was cost prohibitive.
    Thanks for all the insight, I'll check out laserboy and helios, spaghetti,and Im sure LSX. Right now i think i'll purchase the lifetime for beyond essentials. I'm having great fun with it and I cant just go back to quickshow I'll publish the show shortly on the beyond cloud. Ill probably be back soon because im already thinking about different scanners and would love to find a link to learn about them some more before i do anything really stupid.... like try to..... build one...

so i never really finished the pink floyd show i am working on , but the tool show is published... called reflection. my first, i was always a sound tech not a light tech so this is my first venture into laser projection. i suppose those that have the software to view it will be able to find it.

ive learned a lot btw. i picked up a usb dmx pro from enttec and have figured out how to use the light console as a controller for beyond, both on the fb3 level and the effects level, but i found using dmx output to automate a haze machine is more helpful in my situation. kind of a costly hobby but im having a lot of fun and learning a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    LWave can also play back wave files created in LaserBoy through a Helios as well as a modified sound card.
    This is something I expect to be doing at some point. I got LWave running but didn't pursue it at the time.

poke0123: I find, that because pink floyd music is so, well, what it is, that it is difficult to finish a laser piece because no mater how good, the visuals always seem to only be hinting at the profound depth and richness of the music. Attached shows screen captures from my unfinished attempt at the Pompeii version of part of Echoes. The images are all cycloids generated on a custom tool I wrote that is somewhat like a live version of LiquidMath where you generate the images by turning dials (with the mouse) instead of writing scripts. The editing was done in Lasershowgen and it outputs great through Helios.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails echoes.png