Thread: Not Quite Post Covid Yet.

Default Not Quite Post Covid Yet.

So what have you noticed to be different since two years ago?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've placed a much higher degree of importance on my time. Being a workaholic, I guess I didn't realize just how much of a "life" I was missing. First year of COVID was honestly a lot like being retired while still being young enough to enjoy it. I didn't stay home indoors but, I stayed safe and, traveled, hiked, flew drones, watched a lot of pretty girls on beaches, and caught a lot of amazing sunrises and sunsets. It was great. I'm an only child and I guess a bit of a loner so, being by myself isn't awful. Even when work slowly started coming back, it was at a more manageable pace and kind of fun again. That's ebbed and flowed since but, with Omicron, I'm back to a few months with a pretty light work schedule. Just wish it was better weather to be out and about because I'm starting to now get a bit fatigued by the whole business.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    So what have you noticed to be different since two years ago?
    Just how many idiots there are in this country that outright reject science and get all their information from Nancy on Facebook.

I guess it's fair to say there have been good and bad things happen as a result of Covid.

I (we) also had the added ordeal of having our house completely destroyed on March 28th 2020.

There were some benefits to living in a rental house with only the essential things. I had a huge basement there and it wasn't already filled up with all of my junk.

I made a lot of new art there and I wrote tons of new code for LaserBoy. I was part of Vector Hack Festival 2020 and made some tutorial videos for that.

One thing I keep running into is that a lot of people seem to have a different attitude about what they do when at work. Nobody is responsible for anything. No one cares about doing a good job. So many places are short staffed that the people who are working there know that they can do practically nothing and not worry about getting replaced.

Covid is often a giant one-size-fits-all excuse for anything and everything.

Food and other consumable items all seem to have gone up in price significantly and some stuff you just can't get when you need it.

Since I have already had Covid, I'm no longer apprehensive about getting it. Been there. Done that. But I'm still trying to do the right thing, if only for appearances.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I like that people stand further away from me in the grocery store line. Other than that my day to day life has not been significantly impacted. It helps to live in Florida I suppose...
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com