Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL is dead

Default PL is dead

Well it happened. April fools came and went and not one April fools post. Very sad to see but I think we have finally bit the dust.

... could be, this year it's different -- had no AF-posts in most of my common forums too (what's a pretty big list)

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Right Now! Is a mostly misunderstood concept.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Seriously, the lack of idiots posting April fools "jokes" is a bad thing? Explain?
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

FB is the "now" now. Plus we are just getting comfortable with our understanding of Covid and we are on the brink of WW3. So turn around and hug the shit out of the real human anywhere near you.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

It means to me very few people are looking here. There are the long haulers like myself and you two but very little new or young blood. I miss the days when the blue diodes and green diodes came out. Was exciting. Maybe when yellow or orange come. Then what….I sound like the robot from hitch hikers.

Some time in the 1920s someone figured out that a magnet and coil could pickup an electronic signal from a steel string. Music was never the same since.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

... I'm actually more focussed on high-power IR-laserdiodes than VIS types -- simply for the power and possible applications with them

A single watercooled 270Watt-module with a block size of 13x7x4 cm gives a 4x4mm beam and can be focussed to a spot diameter of 0.2mm!!

And with combining several of them up to some Kilowatts CW (roughly 3x when pulsed) on 0.5mm

For max. possible combination I have two 270W, seven 200W, maybe twenty with 30W and more than hundred 9W diodes - the 9W/30W-types with attached 0.1mm-fiber ... plus some fiberlasers (60, 85 and 130W CW, 30W pulsed) and a bunch of VIS-diodes in the 1W to 6W range ...

But for laser-shows this won't be the bringer ... except, you want to engrave something into the screen (or a house wall)

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Some time in the 1920s someone figured out that a magnet and coil could pickup an electronic signal from a steel string. Music was never the same since.
    Speaking of great discoveries...