Thread: PDF test (temporary)

Default PDF test (temporary)

Let us see if this upload actually works.

CD4046-PLL.pdf

I did this by using the "Insert Image" icon and selecting a PDF file, which is not very intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Let us see if this upload actually works.

CD4046-PLL.pdf

I did this by using the "Insert Image" icon and selecting a PDF file, which is not very intuitive.
    I was able to get the file, but I had to log in a second time. Getting out was a bit strange, too- the file downloaded again every time I tried to leave, so I closed the window.

When I clicked on the link with my android phone it downloaded the file and then asked me how I wanted to display it. If I get a pdf attachment in an email I have the option to view or download. Obviously it comes to my phone whole either way, but a view creates a temporary version that is deleted when I close the view. Downloads can accumulate in android and take up a lot of space, so I installed Google Files which is a file manager and probably another way Google gets my ignorant concent to archive everything on my phone. But that's life with a smart phone.

Last edited by james; 07-16-2022 at 08:38.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    I was able to get the file, but I had to log in a second time. Getting out was a bit strange, too- the file downloaded again every time I tried to leave, so I closed the window.
    Thanks, dc. Using Win10, when I click on the file link it opens up File Manager to save the file (download it and save).

I had to log in a second time as well, before the file would download.

This "second login" bug is a known issue. If I remember correctly, it seems to affect mostly older accounts that were created before the upgrade to Version 4 of the forum software.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I had to log in a second time as well, before the file would download.

This "second login" bug is a known issue. If I remember correctly, it seems to affect mostly older accounts that were created before the upgrade to Version 4 of the forum software.

Adam
    Nice to know the "why" for 2ne login to download PDF attachment.

For me, as its creator or because I'm a newer PLF account, I don't have to login a 2nd time to get the PDF file.