Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Projecting a logo

I got a copy of the raster image at the top of the post and saved it as a bitmap. I reduced it to only 2 colors (1 bit per pixel) and changed the white to dark green. Then I opened that into the display of LaserBoy. I used LaserBoy to render the text as vector font impact.ild. It's not a perfect match but it's kind-of close. Then I moved each character into roughly the right place over the bitmap and stretched each character in x to get the letters to look more like the logo. In another frame, I manually placed vectors around just one loop of that shape thing and copy rotated the other three loops. Then I went back to the text frame and exported it as a bitmap. I opened that in a raster editor and flood filled it so the letters were solid black and everything else was white. Back in LaserBoy, I opened that as a mask to black out the loop shapes that appear to be behind the text. Then I merged the text frame into the loops frame and optimized it.

It isn't perfect and once I went through the whole process, I figured out how to do it. So I could do a much better job.

BurningSpark.bmp

burning_spark_mask.bmp
    Last edited by james; 07-17-2022 at 19:51.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I got a copy of the raster image at the top of the post and saved it as a bitmap. I reduced it to only 2 colors (1 bit per pixel) and changed the white to dark green. Then I opened that into the display of LaserBoy. I used LaserBoy to render the text as vector font impact.ild. It's not a perfect match but it's kind-of close. Then I moved each character into roughly the right place over the bitmap and stretched each character in x to get the letters to look more like the logo. In another frame, I manually placed vectors around just one loop of that shape thing and copy rotated the other three loops. Then I went back to the text frame and exported it as a bitmap. I opened that in a raster editor and flood filled it so the letters were solid black and everything else was white. Back in LaserBoy, I opened that as a mask to black out the loop shapes that appear to be behind the text. Then I merged the text frame into the loops frame and optimized it.

It isn't perfect and once I went through the whole process, I figured out how to do it. So I could do a much better job.

BurningSpark.bmp

burning_spark_mask.bmp
    I thought the font looked different. That looks like a lot of work...

It's not really. I didn't have to draw any of the characters. I just moved and scaled them into place and I only traced one loop and copied and rotated it three times. Like I said, once I finished it, I figured out the process. If I did it over again it would look better and take less time.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

So, masterpj, are you going to answer my question? What's the point of telling people not to use LaserBoy? Why? What do you get out of posting that?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    So, masterpj, are you going to answer my question? What's the point of telling people not to use LaserBoy? Why? What do you get out of posting that?
    Don't forget to thank polishedball for testing your frame!

For sure. Thank you! And thanks to Greg for some positive feedback.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I just loaded it up and it was flickery, but scanned and looked correct on pangolin 506's at 25 degrees pretty wide. Tried to grab a picture but by phone shutter is way to fast and you just get bits.

https://youtu.be/Nb_AyQBaEXA
    That looks great! I'm gonna wait til I have sometime to recalibrate my laser. It has 40k scanners so should have been able to do something looking like that.

As for the whole LaserBoy chat, thats all way over my head atm.

Quote Originally Posted by SamV View Post
    That looks great! I'm gonna wait til I have sometime to recalibrate my laser. It has 40k scanners so should have been able to do something looking like that.

As for the whole LaserBoy chat, thats all way over my head atm.
    It would be nice to chat about how to actually make something with LaserBoy.

I'd be glad to help you with that.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I'll be in touch once I have some free time and working lasers