Thread: Venus Fire Trap by Salty Robot Productions

Default Venus Fire Trap by Salty Robot Productions

For Dragoncon I have been building this Venus Fire Trap (piranha plant) from Mario 3. Alone this is a cool prop. But you know me I had to install a battery powered laser projector inside. I will be dressed as Mario running a Radiator in the Marriott Lobby finding any flat surface I can to cast weird fire balls. Better make sure you’re standing next to the tube. 😉

I dont know why the images are rotated. They are fine on FB and my computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1010.JPG  

IMG_1009.JPG  

IMG_0999.jpg  

IMG_1002.jpg  

Last edited by SaltyRobot; 08-24-2022 at 16:55.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

If I post an image directly from my phone, it always shows the thumbnail in landscape, even though my phone shows it correctly. So I usually have to edit the post on a regular computer.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    If I post an image directly from my phone, it always shows the thumbnail in landscape, even though my phone shows it correctly. So I usually have to edit the post on a regular computer.
    I moved the images from my phone to the computer and they still showed up rotated. When you click on them they are proper orientation.

Nice work! What's the plant/pipe made out of?

BTW: I think if you open them in an image editing program on the computer and then save them again that it will work. The image has information that tells programs which way is up. It doesn't work everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Nice work! What's the plant/pipe made out of?

The pipe started out as a cardboard concrete form from Home Depot. I used acrylic silicone caulk to try to smooth the seems. The top part of the pipe is just chip board that was treated with Modge podge and formed around the bottom part. Spacers were made out of foam to get the spacing needed. Painted with acrylic paint and then three layers of glossy clear coat.

BTW: I think if you open them in an image editing program on the computer and then save them again that it will work. The image has information that tells programs which way is up. It doesn't work everywhere.
    This is one of the reasons I very rarely post pictures here. Its way more cumbersome than it needs to be and posting on FB hits the majority of people. But since I know more and more people are giving up FB I posted some pics here. I did not try to rotate the pictures in Paint or whatever but come on its the 21st century why should I need to use a third party program just to get pictures to post correctly here. The pictures appear fine on my computer, my phone, FB, texting, email, etc. The only place they did not appear correct is here. SO I have a hard time believing that the base file has them rotated and all the other programs are just "fixing" them before displaying.

Thanks!

I noticed if you click on the photos they show up the right way.