Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New format for laser shows - time to upgrade the show production

Laser Warning New format for laser shows - time to upgrade the show production

Stay tuned ! New technology is coming that will change the industry.
    Last edited by Colortran; 09-18-2022 at 05:44.

Yawn great introduction
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Yawn great introduction
    What a funny guy. Been doing laser since the early 80s. Seen all kinds, but never got a yawn. Nice to meet you too.

It's hard to notice everyone yawn when you're in the dark...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Colortran View Post
    What a funny guy. Been doing laser since the early 80s. Seen all kinds, but never got a yawn. Nice to meet you too.

I would have thought you would have given a better introduction, being your very first post here, making a claim that you have something more revolutionary than anything done before.

I hope what you have to show is amazing, but hard to be excited with zero background and no history yourself here on this forum.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by Colortran View Post
    Stay tuned ! New technology is coming that will change the industry.
    I’ll bite. Since it’s patented can you tell us what it is?

you must understand without telling us what your up to it sounds a bit like a manic rant about having developed a fusion reactor that sits on your kitchen table. I have no idea who you are so hard to pass Judgment so I won’t.

welcome and can you tell us a bit about the idea and who you are.

thank you.

I'm guessing this is it: https://patents.google.com/patent/US11397000B2

"Laser projection system"

Inventor: Dodworth; George
    ASSIGNEE: LIGHTWAVE INTERNATIONAL, INC.

Abstract
    A laser projection system having built-in safety systems is disclosed. Further disclosed is a method of operating a laser projection system such that safe operation is a factor only of meeting a threshold distance between the laser unit and an audience member. To accomplish safe operation at the threshold distance, the laser projection system is pre-calibrated to operate below maximum permitted exposure levels at the threshold distance. In this manner of operation, laser lighting can be accomplished by non-laser professionals without the complexity, external sensors, and need for calibration at the venue.
    edit: Or it could be this in addition to the above: https://patents.google.com/patent/US11363243B2/

Laser arrays
    Abstract
    Disclosed herein are a plurality of laser sources forming an element. Multiple laser elements are arranged in a pattern to form an array. Each laser element of the array is independently addressable, such that video and other content can be projected from the array.
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 09-19-2022 at 05:42.

... hmmm ... what came in my mind while reding this, is another safety-option, which could be achieved with modern hardware+software.

It shouldn't be such big a problem, to implement a camera system, which scans the beaming range for people/faces and blank this zones, so no beam will hit ... in occasion, there will someone entry the beam zone ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

To me, this sounded like an anti-pangolin smear. To come to a forum of professionals and amateurs who have watched those professionals, I have my doubts. You're talking to some of the very pioneers of this field. I agree with the others, if it's patented, "stay tuned" sounds very vaporware to me.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US11397000B2

"Laser projection system"

Inventor: Dodworth; George
    ASSIGNEE: LIGHTWAVE INTERNATIONAL, INC.

edit: Or it could be this in addition to the above: https://patents.google.com/patent/US11363243B2/
    Wtf how did those terrible patents ever get granted.

Related to thread: We DONT need another format.. there are now so many formats and little get serious implementation/attention these days and many are depricated.. A format thrives on its support and implementation in software to offer choice and exchange.. what do you need other then the frame format ILDA V5?
    If you got something to show: Show it.. Because right now a vague promise with nothing that even hints at even remotely changing the industry.. isn't going to work here.
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-05-2022 at 01:51.