Thread: Pangolin Lasershow Performer hardware

Default Pangolin Lasershow Performer hardware

Hi all

Looking for anyone who might know or have knowledge on the feasibility of using the Pangolin Lasershow Perfomer hardware desk with newer hardware / software?

Of course it was meant for use with designer 2000, but would it work or could it be made to work with newer quickshow?
    I assume it connects via RS232? Perhaps then a n RS232 to USB might be enough to get it working.

Any help or knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazerjules View Post
    Hi all

Looking for anyone who might know or have knowledge on the feasibility of using the Pangolin Lasershow Perfomer hardware desk with newer hardware / software?

Of course it was meant for use with designer 2000, but would it work or could it be made to work with newer quickshow?
    I assume it connects via RS232? Perhaps then a n RS232 to USB might be enough to get it working.

Any help or knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, the performer console uses a proprietary serial protocol specific to the LD2000 Live! and LivePro software; it won't work with QuickShow or Beyond. That all being said, if you've got a copy of Live! or LivePro running on a machine without DB9 serial ports and you want to use a performer console, an RS232 to USB converter WILL work- the software's just looking for a COM port.

I made a converter about 8 years ago, converted the data from the performer to midi which i then mapped. I was also able to write back to the keyboard to turn on its illuminated keys too. So in answer yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I made a converter about 8 years ago, converted the data from the performer to midi which i then mapped. I was also able to write back to the keyboard to turn on its illuminated keys too. So in answer yes you can.
    Neat. Care to share it?