Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laserium CSL projector and control rack

Dear Ron,
    thank you so much for the message.

I cannot even begin to express how upset I was when I went to my friends where the equipment had been dropped and discovered this.

It was such a terrible shock and worse still, an HD24 I purchased and had shipped to J.R. was missing.

Before Ivan passed, he gave the consent for me to purchase the original 6B studio console, that also disappeared when Lumalaser went in. I am absolutely devastated.

It’s not even the money - $30,000 that I forked out over the years but to be dealt this blow was just heartbreaking- Ivan would be turning in his grave if he knew, so sad.

I just feel so angry and sad, it’s just awful. There’s nothing I can do now, all I can try and do is see if someone is prepared to purchase her for a small sum because in the madness of me scrambling for cash to send to Jon, I sold my 2 projectors that I used to do my shows with. I’d just want to get myself 2 new projectors again to be back where I was originally.

I went off the grid for several years on this site because I was so upset with the whole situation.

it’s just a terrible mess. Thank you kindly for reaching out, it means a lot and to read comments from others that have been burnt just goes to show how terribly heartless some people can be. Brian’s comment was particularly poignant as he had my projector and console and was putting it all together for me - it went back to J.R. and then it all went south 😢

Thank you for the words,
    Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Simon,

I'm so sorry that this ended up the way it did. I know the passion you had for Laserium from our previous communications. This makes me very upset you were treated this way.

Ron
    Last edited by lasershowsimon; 12-17-2022 at 00:03.

Nothing would give me more pride than owning any bit of Laserium history but sadly, I don't have the room in my garage for it. I don't think I have the skills to do this bit of kit justice. I can vouch for Simon, if anyone needed it. I bought my LD2K from him in 2010ish and it was a smooth transaction. I hope you can recover a bit of what you lost on this but as you said, it's not the money. Losing your sanity as well as the disappointment from a passion gone awry... Hopefully this equipment will find a good home with someone who can restore it to its full glory.

It's a shame to get scammed but even worse to have someone on this forum build up a good reputation and then blow it, hitting many people with the fallout. Marc and Jon seem to be the biggest offenders. It's sad and as others have said, I am sorry you had to experience it.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.