Thread: Searching for analog driver for RGB laser

Question Searching for analog driver for RGB laser

Hello everyone. I’ve been working towards building an rgb show laser. So far, I have the laser diodes in modules for each color, eBay galvos, and the Helios dac. I’ve tested the galvos and the dac with lasershowgen and everything is working fine. The galvos aren’t spectacular as they were only $70, but they work for simple patterns. What I’m struggling with now is finding an analog driver that is suitable for the diodes. I need a driver that can do atleast 1A, 1.5A would be preferred though. I know optlasers has analog drivers but they are pretty expensive and don’t have a current threshold pot. I found the Lovell laser driver, but they don’t seem to be in stock. I have not been able to find any schematics for reliable analog drivers that can output the current I need. Ideally I would love to find one where I can use jlpcb to order them and assembly them. Anyone know of anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by lostbeam488 View Post
    Hello everyone. I’ve been working towards building an rgb show laser. So far, I have the laser diodes in modules for each color, eBay galvos, and the Helios dac. I’ve tested the galvos and the dac with lasershowgen and everything is working fine. The galvos aren’t spectacular as they were only $70, but they work for simple patterns. What I’m struggling with now is finding an analog driver that is suitable for the diodes. I need a driver that can do atleast 1A, 1.5A would be preferred though. I know optlasers has analog drivers but they are pretty expensive and don’t have a current threshold pot. I found the Lovell laser driver, but they don’t seem to be in stock. I have not been able to find any schematics for reliable analog drivers that can output the current I need. Ideally I would love to find one where I can use jlpcb to order them and assembly them. Anyone know of anything like this?
    Stanwax has some good analog drivers. They are pretty inexpensive and work well. Heatsinking them isn't as cut and dry as I like but it isn't rocket surgery and at 1.5A, they need to be heatsinked, especially if you're using a 12v power source. https://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/love...iver-677-p.asp

Lasertack makes great drivers that are a bit fancier and work exceptionally well. I use these. They are a bit more expensive though. https://www.lasertack.com/en/4a-ld-tec-driver/

Both of these vendors are in the EU but I haven't had any issues with overseas orders from them. It would help folks give you better advice if you note what part of the world you are in. This forum's members span the globe.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

John at Technological Artisans has a RGB driver he can obtain with digital correction storage on board for 0-3.5 Amps.

https://www.technologicalartisans.com/
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...