Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Liberation professional laser software - coming soon

Unhappy I hate it when the pessimists get to say, "I told ya"...

Well, it's been a little over 7 months since I started supporting Seb's development of Liberation, and there's still no projected release date for the Windows Beta version yet. I don't know how many other people were supporting the Windows version, but I'm guessing it was a very small number.

I've decided to withdraw my support for now. I told Seb I would support Liberation through the end of 2023, and I did, but I'm not willing to continue paying $40 per month for something I still can't use, and may never be able to use.

For the Mac users, I'm sure this has been an interesting experiment in crowd-funded software development, and I encourage that crowd to continue supporting Liberation, as it does appear to be quite a capable product.

But for Windows users like me, it's just a disappointment, so I've decided to cut my losses.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Well, it's been a little over 7 months since I started supporting Seb's development of Liberation, and there's still no projected release date for the Windows Beta version yet. I don't know how many other people were supporting the Windows version, but I'm guessing it was a very small number.

I've decided to withdraw my support for now. I told Seb I would support Liberation through the end of 2023, and I did, but I'm not willing to continue paying $40 per month for something I still can't use, and may never be able to use.

For the Mac users, I'm sure this has been an interesting experiment in crowd-funded software development, and I encourage that crowd to continue supporting Liberation, as it does appear to be quite a capable product.

But for Windows users like me, it's just a disappointment, so I've decided to cut my losses.

Adam
    Hi Adam. Seb released a beta of the Windows version during today's Patron meeting. I would suggest reaching out to him and letting him know you were a Patreon backer if you would like to test it out and receive a discount for the new subscription model (through the website rather than Patreon).