Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mark Edgar aka Imagelight

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default RIP Mark Edgar aka Imagelight

I regret to let the PL community know about the passing of Mark Edgar a.k.a. "Imagelight" earlier thus morning. He'd been dealing with various things over the years and was rushed to the hospital yesterday with a heart attack. He'd also been dealing with stomach & liver cancer.

I spent some time thinking last night about just how instrumental Mark was in shaping the events of the last 14 or so years of my life. If not for Mark, I wouldn't have known about Photonlexicon, or ever gone to my first SELEM. Just think about the far reaching implications of THAT. I wouldn't know YOU or... be typing this here.

He became my local laser and musical event partner that lived 15 minutes away and, being in such close proximity, we often bounced a lot of ideas off each other, helped with projects, did shows together, traveled to LEM's together, etc. Anytime a new toy arrived, Mark would rush down to the banquet hall for the unboxing to check out what I had bought... "this time". :-) Mark was truly one of the kindest, selfless, most easily taken for granted, people I've ever known. You'll be sadly missed my friend.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 01-24-2023 at 09:10.
    PM Sent...

... sad to hear that -- my condolences ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Well crap, this is sad! I wish I had known he was battling cancer. Mark was awesome - an intelligent, kind, and funny man. Chatting with him for long periods late on a SELEM night was really a great memory for me.

Brad - Do we have a contact for his family so that we can express our condolences and love for Mark?

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I feel blessed to have been able to connect with Mark over the last decades-worth of SELEMS and FLEMs. The community lost an amazing old-school abstract-head. He was a maestro on the P4&Z5. I've never seen someone just rock on that thing so quickly! He was always super generous with his knowledge and experience. I'll never forget the time he dragged this humongous wooden shipping crate into the ion room at SELEM (2016?) and revealed a PRISTINE, BRAND-SPANKING NEW Lexel 88 that he somehow scored from "a major chemical company." His brother had even made him beautiful pigtails for his power supply to tie into our grimy distro. That guy never ceased to surprise me. Even little things, like the fist-bump/hug he gave me as a compliment on something I built is the kind of warmth and enthusiasm you could always expect from Mark. Every now and then when I hear the "clunk" of a ledex solenoid, I think about that moment.

I knew he had some health problems and drama in his personal life, but you'd never have known it; always simultaneously upbeat and mellow...and ALWAYS genuinely excited to be hanging out and talking lasers.

Mark- we'll miss you! Enjoy all of the unlimited 3-phase, Ar/Kr+ lines, and console channels in the great planetarium in the sky!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Brad - Do we have a contact for his family so that we can express our condolences and love for Mark?

-David
    Once I have some more details, I'll be happy to share them.
    PM Sent...

I talked to him a bit at some of the SELEMs. Nice guy. I hate hearing this news.

Mark was kind and a friend from the moment I met him in 2008 and every time I talked to him since. This is so sad.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Condolences to his family.

Mark , Keep your fingers off the Invert Color switch on the Rainbow generator, probably not a good idea to upset ArchAngels.

Rest softly, in a well deserved Peace.

I need to go shed a tear. Bye for now, good friend.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Always sad to hear about a loss especially one of our own